Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown Error (Error Code 24) on Win7

Unknown Error (Error Code 24) on Win7

Hello,

My Question or Issue

I've small problem Problem with the app on my PC. On my PC are two accounts, admin and guest without admin rights. Normally I use the last one.

Since a week or so I get the Error Code 24 when I try to start the program, and it'S ending itself. 

I've read something about deleting/moving some files, but it seems only a one time solution...

So what can I do, that I don't have this problem anymore? It's really annoying, because I can't spotify on my PC! 

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Operating System

Win7 64bit

3 Replies

Hey @zeroDPT

Do you get the same error with the admin account as well?

I would suggest reinstalling Spotify to clear things up. I also recommend restarting the PC before reinstalling the client.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Sebasty,

first thanks for the fast reply 😉

When I log on my admin account, spotify wasn't installed. So I installed it, change to my guest account and it worked...

After a new start of the computer, I get the error again, even when I start spotify as admin on my guest account 😞

@zeroDPT

Spotify installs itself in the user %appdata% folders and each user on the computer has own %appdata% folders. 🙂

I'd suggest checking if you get the same error when you go to your PC's admin account and attempt to use Spotify.

Since you mention a guest account, I'd also recommend taking a look at firewall permissions. Make sure your antivirus is not blocking something either.

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts