Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unread message notification will not go away

Unread message notification will not go away

I've had a message in my Spotify inbox for about 4 months now. No matter how many times I open the message(or listen to the track inside) it continue to say I have 1 new message. This happens on all three computers that I have Spotify installed on.

Two machines are running Windows 8.1, the other running Windows 7. All three are x64.

The Android app does not display this unread message(according to that, the message doesn't even exist. It says I have no messages in my inbox).

43 Replies

I have the same problem. It displays on all my devices (Windows, Mac and Android phone). In the inbox a message always displays as unread. The message is from a spam account which is bad enough and I can't delete the message or block the user that it is from.

I have tried every possible solution in this thread (re-install, go to web client and remove it, disable e-mail notification etc.)

I've asked customer support to help me and their solution is to create a new account. This is not an option when I have 50+ playlist and my discover weekly. I've been a premium member almost from the start and have had this problem over a year. I actually feel quite badly treated by spotify who can't bother involve their 3:rd line support to fix this.

Same problem here. I actually left Spotify for about a year and went to another service. Just signed back up, forgetting how badly this pissed me off--enough to make me quit the first time. Still have 1 unread message notification that has persisted. How is this still happening?

It's been years now and it's still broken. lol. I don't think anyone reads these things.

What a profoundly hilarious comment 🙂

Suggested posts