Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unwanted songs added to my playlist - ANYONE ELSE?!

Unwanted songs added to my playlist - ANYONE ELSE?!

I would never add a Kanye West song, (or whatever dross those two songs were) to my playlist (I deleted them immediately).

If this is a new direction that Spotify is taking by promoting artists by adding songs to your playlist without permission or notification, I do not like it ONE IOTA.

I trust Spotify not to mess with my playlist in the future.

PLEASE REPLY if this has happened to you as well !!

12 Replies

Hey @themacmeister ,

something like that should definitely not happen. Could it be that you've set the playlist as a collaborative one? Check it by right-clicking on the playlist in the sidebar. I'd also suggest to push the "log out everywhere" button at the bottom of your account overview - it might be that you forgot to sign out somewhere. Or a friend wanted to play a trick on you? 😄

It happened to me too - the playlist is a collaborative one, but the user it says added the playlist is not one of the people associated with it. AddedSong

I know I'm a little late getting to this thread, but I've been searching the Internet to see if other people have this problem for over a year now. I feel like spotify might even be deleting threads about it. Maybe I'm too into conspiracy.

But yes, I have noticed that Spotify (or some other entity) has added many songs to many different playlists of mine over the past years I've been a user. It frustrates me beyond compare. I am meticulous with my playlists, and to think some power at be can change them in an instant makes me cringe.

Let me know if you found out a deeper root of the problem or any kind of solution.

I have found rap songs added to my playlist that I never would have chosen. I am 72 years old and don't want to hear explicit lyrics from bellowing obscene angry young black men. I really resent this and if it continues I'm going to delete Spotify.

Has anyone figured out how to get this to stop happening? I have had a spotify account for a little while now and it all of a sudden just started doing it yesterday.

I took the time to make a specific playlist and now it keeps adding music I WOULD NEVER LISTEN TO...and has a thumbs up/thumbs down option like Pandora.

Spotify you need to stay in your lane! If I needed help making a playlist I would use Pandora. 

Yeah it started to happend to me too a few weeks ago... I thought my spotify went crazy, but today it happend once again -.- it's irritating... I've changed the password 'coz I thought that someone broke into my account...

I too have had this go on since about August. It's extremely frustrating. I thought someone was using my facebook login, so I disconnected from that, signed out everywhere, and changed the passwords for both.

It's still happening. It's extremely annoying because I DJ, and am part of a few music groups and this just makes finding and supporting music that I LIKE very difficult. If it continues, I will be closing my account. 

This has been happening to me as well for a while. Enough in fact that i'm beyond thinking that i'm going crazy and decided to see if other people are also experiencing it.

It is very frustrating as i like to make genre specific playlists and songs keeps getting added that don't even fit the genre. Spotify, if you are going to do this then at least provide us with an option to turn it off! 

The samething has been happing to me. I started getting differnet songs that i dont hear at all. i dont know what to do! i hate that it does that.  

Yep, I got some **bleep** Cat Stevens garbage. 

How did you delete them? This is happening to me where I have the songs I want and songs I don’t are added on but I can’t see a way to delete them. Help please

This has been happening to me as well but I find that it only happens on mobile,  when I'm playing my music from my laptop I can go through whole playlists and listen to exactly what is on that playlist without out any problem so i don't understand why it can't do the same thing for Mobile. Spotify you're not making a very good first impression 

Suggested posts