Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update not keeping Repeat on

Update not keeping Repeat on

Just updated my Spotify desktop app and now every time I play a song it changes from Repeat One to Repeat All, I keep having to change back for each song. Is this just a bug in the update or is this permanent? Can I change it and have it stay Repeat One? 

10 Replies

I'm having the same problem.

Same issue, it's incredibly annoying

I fear it's not a bug but done on purpose, I don't know why however.

Why would it be on purpose? Makes no sense. Also, recent updates have been filled with bugs, like that other one that made Spotify start with the OS even if you had the option turned off.

I don't know, maybe for some copyright claims but wouldn't have sense with premium users.

Yeah, doubt it's done on purpose. Wouldn't make sense, the Artists would make more money from constant repeats rather than changing songs.  

That Opens on startup bug from before? Yeah that's happening again for me with this update. 

Thankfully I've found a very TEMPORARY fix, I stillhave my download fill from the previous version, I just uninstalled Spotify and installed the old file. Works but can't close Spotify or it auto updates. 

I wonder if they even test "updates" before releasing them...

Certainly hope it's a bug not a "feature"

Same problem, i wanna listen too a song until i skip it by myself but everytime i skip spotify sets repeat one to repeat all. thats so annoying - and im even paying for that.

Yes, so it is a thing done on purpose, very annoying, hope the things will change or I will consider if breach my premium subscription, however also on Youtube you have to set every song to loop mode, Spotify was better in this, now they are equal but Youtube is free.

It is a "feature" because another update has passed from this and still not fixed.

Suggested posts