Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I have previously downloaded songs to Spotify from my local files on a desktop and have been able to listen to them on the mobile app. One day the songs I had downloaded disappeared from my app and when I tried to download them again it told me the songs were already added but I can’t find them in the playlist they’re said to be in. And when songs do transfer they won’t play. I’ve tried deleting and redownloading the app and using different WiFi networks, but nothing seems to work

1 Reply

Hey @Escales, help's here.

We first suggest that you do a quick reinstall for a fresh start and to ensure that you have the latest Spotify version. This means that you'll have to re-download any music you've saved for offline use.

After that, check out this help article to check out the most common criteria for using local files on Spotify.

If that doesn't work, try putting the files in another folder and use that folder as a source for local files from your app's settings. Rename the files if necessary to something that only contains letters and spacing, without any special characters. Then make sure both your devices are on the same network to download the music again on your phone. 

Let us know how that goes! 🙂

Suggested posts