Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

User Interface (UI) - Show 'Now Playing'

Solved!

User Interface (UI) - Show 'Now Playing'

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Custom Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

A navigational issue - if I start playing someone else's playlist (incl. Spotify's), there isn't a way for me to see which playlist I'm playing.

I can see the queue, and I can go back through my browsing to see which one I may have clicked on (a problem when I'm doing a lot of browsing), but there's nothing that tells me what is "active."

A button or link in the sidebar for 'Now Playing' would do wonders for me (or a column in the queue next to Album for 'Playlist').  Hopefully that wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @paulrichardcook

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

You should be able to access the "now playing" album/playlist/artist by clicking on the cover art in the bottom left corner.

You can also go to Recently Played in the left column. The first item there should be the now playing one. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @paulrichardcook

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

You should be able to access the "now playing" album/playlist/artist by clicking on the cover art in the bottom left corner.

You can also go to Recently Played in the left column. The first item there should be the now playing one. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Thanks!  That works, but I had no idea.  (It would definitely help to make a little clearer!)

Hi @paulrichardcook

You're welcome! I'm glad it worked. 

If you have an idea on how you'd like to have it displayed in the app, you're always welcome to post in the Idea Exchange part of the Community. More details on that can be found here.

Have a great day! 

Thank you so much, clicking on the cover art thumbnail did it for me. Spotify should just add a 'now playing' just to avoid irritating customers (user retention). You have no idea how many times I've accidentally added an entire playlist to my queue and kept getting the songs playing even when I had changed the playlist. Anyways, thanks again Emilia_8!

Suggested posts