KlemTheBeast

Plan

Premium

Country

Russia

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello. I've been experiencing a problem with the 'Listen Along' feature on Discord. I'm not sure if it's a specifically a Spotify or a Discord issue. My friend starts off listening to their playlist. Then I join them and tracks go forward 46 seconds. We've never experienced this issue before. I didn't change anything in settings of both programs. Clean reinstall of Spotify and Discord didn't solve the problem. Is there a fix to this problem? I would appreciate all help. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

CarlosE

Hey @KlemTheBeast,

Thanks for your quick reply.

This might be isolated to that specific account. Since that user is free, the Listen Along feature can behave differently, as that user would still listen to ads while you wouldn't, and that may have an impact in the syncing. In this case, we suggest reaching out to Discord support for further info.

If you have any questions, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Eni

Hi there @KlemTheBeast,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

Could you try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in? If that doesn't make any difference, try disconnecting and connecting again your Discord and Spotify accounts by following the steps in this article.

If the issue persists, can you try using a different connection, like a mobile hotspot, and let us know if this behavior persists?

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

KlemTheBeast

We tried reinstalling both apps by deleting them from the registry, try disconnecting and connecting again our Discord and Spotify accounts. Using different connections doesn't work.
The issue still persists. Also, delay increased from 46 to 56 sec. 

Can it be because of our's plans(I use Premium, but my friend uses Free version)?

CarlosE

Hey @KlemTheBeast,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Can you let us know if that happens with one friend in particular o with anyone you use the Listen Along feature?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

KlemTheBeast

It happens only with one friend.

Marked as solution

CarlosE

Hey @KlemTheBeast,

Thanks for your quick reply.

This might be isolated to that specific account. Since that user is free, the Listen Along feature can behave differently, as that user would still listen to ads while you wouldn't, and that may have an impact in the syncing. In this case, we suggest reaching out to Discord support for further info.

If you have any questions, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts