Using Discord 'Listen Along' have delay in 46 sec with other user

Plan

Premium

Country

Russia

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello. I've been experiencing a problem with the 'Listen Along' feature on Discord. I'm not sure if it's a specifically a Spotify or a Discord issue. My friend starts off listening to their playlist. Then I join them and tracks go forward 46 seconds. We've never experienced this issue before. I didn't change anything in settings of both programs. Clean reinstall of Spotify and Discord didn't solve the problem. Is there a fix to this problem? I would appreciate all help. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @KlemTheBeast,

Thanks for your quick reply.

This might be isolated to that specific account. Since that user is free, the Listen Along feature can behave differently, as that user would still listen to ads while you wouldn't, and that may have an impact in the syncing. In this case, we suggest reaching out to Discord support for further info.

If you have any questions, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hi there @KlemTheBeast,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

Could you try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in? If that doesn't make any difference, try disconnecting and connecting again your Discord and Spotify accounts by following the steps in this article.

If the issue persists, can you try using a different connection, like a mobile hotspot, and let us know if this behavior persists?

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

We tried reinstalling both apps by deleting them from the registry, try disconnecting and connecting again our Discord and Spotify accounts. Using different connections doesn't work.
The issue still persists. Also, delay increased from 46 to 56 sec. 

Can it be because of our's plans(I use Premium, but my friend uses Free version)?

Hey @KlemTheBeast,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Can you let us know if that happens with one friend in particular o with anyone you use the Listen Along feature?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

It happens only with one friend.

Marked as solution

Hey @KlemTheBeast,

Thanks for your quick reply.

This might be isolated to that specific account. Since that user is free, the Listen Along feature can behave differently, as that user would still listen to ads while you wouldn't, and that may have an impact in the syncing. In this case, we suggest reaching out to Discord support for further info.

If you have any questions, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Hiya I have this as well! 

I host pretty large parties over VRChat and we connect the music through discord's play along spotify connection. 
I own spotify premium, others who are listening are as well. 
When playing, the delay is a long time and only reconnects when I open the discord app and reupload the play party. 
The active listeners can range from 1 to 10 and the issue is the same. 

The delay can cause people to be unable to listen to the whole song entirely or it doesnt play until they re-join the listening party. This really bums us out, we want to continue to use our spotify premium but if we are starting to look towards other audio platforms for our party needs. 
Hope a fix occurs soon. 

[Note: We have tried disconnecting and reconnecting our accounts, uninstalling and reinstalling. No change.] 

Hey @Evertrist,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Is this happening if you change the internet connection you're using? Is this happening over WiFi? Ethernet? Both? If possible, you can create a hotspot from your phone and connect your computer to it, to see if you notice any difference. Give it a try and let us know if changing the connection makes any difference.

On another note, we recommend that you all make sure the date and time settings on your devices are synced.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, in my case, the problem was solved by checking the system time,
after that the delay became minimal.

Hi, my friend and I are trying to music share in discord but everytime we start a new song he starts 1:20s into the song already its terribly annoying

Hey @JosiahNoble,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post, as it fits better here in this thread.

That being said, we'd suggest you both log out and log in twice in a row onto your Spotify accounts. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your accounts in general.

If the above doesn't do the trick, can you share with us the make/model and OS of the affected device along with the Spotify version you're running?

Lastly, as mentioned previously in this thread, we recommend that you both make sure the date and time settings on your devices are synced.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, I have this issue as well but No matter what my friend and I are always 1 minute out of sync (i am put ahead) and when their song ends my song restarts then goes back to a minute ahead. This is not an issue when using group session on my phone. We started our session on    mobile (Android) and then we both switched to listen on our PCs. We have tried ending the group session. restarting PC, internet, and even reinstalling and cache clearing on both ends. The problem will not go away. A reminder that we are both premium Spotify users. It makes the group session un-usable. It still happens if they are on their phone and I am on my PC. The only time the group session works is when we are both on our phones. Again, the song skips to a minute in on my side and will always remain a minute ahead. I can not listen to the first minute of ANY song when I am on my PC. I am left in silence while waiting for my friend to finish their song. When the group session is paused we are set to the same time but once the songs are resumed I am placed back to a minute ahead of them. We have tried skipping to the beginning of the song.

Hey there @QueenScarlett,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To begin with and just to confirm, is this happening while using the Listen along feature with your friend via Discord? Or is it happening while having a Group session on Spotify?

In case this is happening on Discord, we suggest making sure the time on both your and your friend’s PC is synced with the real time. You can do that from the device’s settings. Once done, restart the devices and check if that makes any difference. Additionally, you can try disconnecting and reconnecting your Spotify accounts from Discord. You can find the steps here.

On another note, if this is just with the Group session on Spotify, you could try using a different Internet connection on your computer and switch to the Web Player to check if you have the same problem from there.

Keep us posted!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is happening when using the spotify group listening feature. The
discord listen-along has its own set of problems in South Africa.

Suggested posts