Announcements

Video overlay is persistent when watching full screen video on second display

Re: Video overlay is persistent when watching full screen video on second display

Regular

I made a free account under a different email address and the problem persists, so it does not seem to be related to my user account.

Here's a screen recording of my second display, which shows the issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W23SgUXR7AkDkY9a5e1v87oCMB2z5lW0/view?usp=sharing

Here's a screen recording of my first display, which shows how I expect it to work (overlay and controls disappear after a few seconds):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dqXmC_EoDWshy2NLCKPjOBUrEAosxXjB/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for looking into this. 

Re: Video overlay is persistent when watching full screen video on second display

Hi again @iammattp,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We've reported this to the team in charge and they're currently looking into it. We'll keep you posted with any news on this.

If anything else comes up, we'll be right here.

Have a lovely day 🙂

NovyModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hey @iammattp,

We hope you're doing great.

Could you let us know if the overlay disappears on the second screen when you leave the mouse pointer on the second display instead of the main one?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Regular

Hi Carlos - 

Just tested and the overlays do disappear if I leave my mouse on the second display. Unfortunately this isn't a great workaround for me as the only time I watch video on the second display is when I'm doing something else on the main display, but hopefully it's a hint as to what's going wrong. 

Hi @iammattp,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

We're still investigating this and we'll make sure to keep you up to date on this matter.

Thanks for bearing with us. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

SUGGESTED POSTS