Premium

Country

Does it matter?!

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

One thing I used to love when I was an iTunes user was their visualiser in the desktop application. It was such a relaxing thing to watch as it changed depending on the amplitude and rhythms coming from the songs you were listening to.

I see that in one thread you closed a case based on a user's request for this. In one paragraph you stated:

'While we know this is a popular request, we don’t feel the majority of listeners would benefit from the addition of a visualizer at this time.'

I can't see how you can possibly reconcile these two comments.
'popular request' and 'we don’t feel the majority of listeners would benefit from the addition of a visualizer'.

What do you mean you do not feel it would be of benefit? If you are basing it on a feeling rather than reasonable logic, what is the premise? If it's a popular request, then it would appear *A LOT* of users are asking for it. Clearly they would benefit from it. Also, with the ability to turn it on or off at will, it would not impact on the quality of the service that the desktop application provides.

Your statement would appear to be playing to your own agenda, for reasons that you are not willing to share with your paying subscriber base.

Very disappointing!

5 Replies

Re: Visualiser (Visualizer) for Spotify

BSims
Visitor

They must have gotten rid of the visualizer; I remember using it in the past, and this post implies it was a hidden feature, i.e. searching "spotify:app:visualizer" would open the Visualizer. This doesn't work.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Spotify-Visualizer/idi-p/830087

arjunthakur

Absolutely agree a visualizer would be a great addition to Spotify. It's baffling that the feature is not available! Premium users deserve at least a basic visualizer so we don' thave to go hunting around the web for 3rd party software which in many cases removes DRM locks from Spotify media. It seems not having a visualizer is against Spotify's interests in keeping music within its ecosystem. Baffling indeed!

undrkvabrtha
Casual Listener

Couldn't agree more. After more than 5 years with Spotify, I'm seriously considering switching to Apple Music or something else that offers visualization.

I really want a spectrum analyzer or abstract pattern visualizer running on my desktop and also when playing music via Apple Play - I mean, why else would people get computers with great displays or spend cash on good car audio head units? 

Spotify - sorry guys, this is pretty annoying, and I'm probably a month or two from switching my music subscription service. Studying my options at the moment.

Ver

Hey @undrkvabrtha,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

We are constantly striving to improve our app and the experience with it and we'll make sure to pass your feedback to the right team. 

This idea was submitted a while ago but unfortunately didn't gather enough kudos. If you still feel strongly about your request, it's a good idea to check these steps and submit your idea in a little different form. That way other users can support it. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches Spotify, you can check this article.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

undrkvabrtha
Casual Listener

Hey mate,

I've put up an idea for a spectrum analyzer visualisation - however, given that it could take ages for it to gather moss and so on forth, I won't wait more than a month before I switch from Spotify to Apple Music.

It's a shame 'cos I like Spotify in every other sense - I'm an agile practitioner myself, so I understand the value based incremental feature delivery approach the software development team takes - I just don't want to have to wait until people take the time to search for, read and vote for my idea.

I'm surprised I took an hour to post it, add some pics and email some mates who use Spotify. It was desperation - not hope.

Cheers,

Undercover Brother

SUGGESTED POSTS