Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume changes up and down during all solng

Solved!

Volume changes up and down during all solng

Every time I listen to songs, the volume goes up and down and up and down again.. Anyone know why - and more important, how to fix it?

Thanx..

Anne

100 Replies

I have been have the same issue and so has my wife. We are not listening to spotify on a PC or MAC computer, we are listening to spotify on our android phones(Note 5 and Note 3) and this is happening. I have tried different things, first I thought it was my bluetooth and connected my phone directly to my car stereo or at home and I have the same issue. Volume constinly changes. I have tried looking at setting on the phone also and have not came accross anything that could be the issue.

been happening since 2012... idk why

Its also doing it on the android version. This makes it unusable. So frustrated.

Yep disabling Hardware Acceleration and Set same volume WORKED. Thanks heaps !!!

I have also had the same issue.  Madly fluctuating volume. 
Quite passages got quieter, loud passages got louder, all by themselves. 

YOUR SOLUTION WORKED FOR ME!
And I did NOT have to disable Beats Audio.

Spotify on HP Envy 15Notebook, Beats Audio, Windoze 8.1

Thanks!! 

@Daryl_01 wrote:

I think I've resolved the issue!!!!!!

Tried every thing in this thread - no good.  Finally found something that works!!! (definately not a spotify issue)

Can still use Audio enhancements (i.e. Beats Audio)!! So sound remains good, no other changes required.

This is for an HP envy laptop. Had the same issue wth SkyRim volume up and down, lots of hiss on quiet spots 

Try this:

Device Manager -> sound video and game controllers -> right click IDT High Definaition Audio Codec then uninstall, select 'delete driver software for this device'.  Ok and reboot.

This reverts the codec back to the original microsoft generic CODEC, which works fine.  No more issues in spotify or Skyrim - sound is awesome!!!!

Cheers Daryl

Some **bleep**ty update (very likely lenovo system update) enabled the "Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater" which very helpfully screwed the volumes around. Disabling this fixed my problem - spotify was not at fault.

You can easily check this by entering "Dolby" into your search bar and select the entry under settings. The version I had issues with has a power-button symbol at the upper left corner. click it and get your sound back to normal.

This has recently starting to me as well. I have to say it highly irritating. Any ideas on how to fix it on Mac El Capitain? this is the only thread that I can find that speaks about this issue.

THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!

How comes that there are dozens of threads for this problem and no one was able to find this solution?

Thanks guys, I can finally listen to my music NORMALLY!

Cheers, Eric.

Thank you for the solution, is there any way to solve this without access to a computer? :S hlp plz

What about Chromebooks?

@Daryl_01 wrote:

I think I've resolved the issue!!!!!!

Tried every thing in this thread - no good.  Finally found something that works!!! (definately not a spotify issue)

Can still use Audio enhancements (i.e. Beats Audio)!! So sound remains good, no other changes required.

This is for an HP envy laptop. Had the same issue wth SkyRim volume up and down, lots of hiss on quiet spots 

Try this:

Device Manager -> sound video and game controllers -> right click IDT High Definaition Audio Codec then uninstall, select 'delete driver software for this device'.  Ok and reboot.

This reverts the codec back to the original microsoft generic CODEC, which works fine.  No more issues in spotify or Skyrim - sound is awesome!!!!

Cheers Daryl

This fixed the issue for me! Except I had to uninstall the Realtek HD Audio Driver, not the "IDT High Definition Audio Codec". Nothing else worked for me except for this! Thank you!

So I have been working on some homemade surround speakers with a subwoofer, and ended up with a big disappointment when the audio constantly was travelling up and down all the time, but disabling enhancements fixed it, and it turns out theres nothing wrong with my speakers! Thanks!

I am having this issue on my tablet how do I fix it on an android specifically samsung galaxy tab 4

This is the solution for HP laptops with Beats Audio. 

I have this problem where songs change volume during the middle of songs, and i don't have this problem in other apps on my Iphone. And this is also songs that i have downled on "extreme quality" so i know it should not be a streaming problem. I have also unchecked the "auto normalization" and it is still happening. Any solutions?

This issue bothered for a while tried several things suggested here didn't work for me.  I blamed it on Spotify (desktop) at first because my other mobile devices never had this issue.  The funny thing is I have several computers at home (Mac & PC, laptops and desktops) and only the one here at work (Windows 10) seems to have this problem.  This made me realize that it's not Spotify (since I reinstalled it several times) but the Windows audio.  If you go to Sounds and find Speakers > Properties you'll realize there are enchancements there you won't even remember activating.  Disable it and you'll see Spotify will work flawlessly.  You can go back and return the Spotify "enchancements" that you removed before and it will still work fine.

How do I fix this issue on PS4?

For my windows computer, the spotify volume problem was in fact fixed by going to control panel, sound, communications, and  selecting "do nothing." THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have this problem when using Spotify with my amazon fire TV stick. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Hello everyone, 

I was searching for hours for a solution and now I finally found one! I have Windows 10 and what worked for me is the following:

1. Go into Control Panel 

2. I had a "Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio"  file. When you open the file you just turn off the regulator for the sound (honestly, I just found out why my monitor kept dimming as well). You can also turn off the whole thing. 

I hope that it worked for you 🙂

Suggested posts