Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume is 100% max every time I start up

Volume is 100% max every time I start up

After updating to the latest version of Spotify for Windows (7/22/2018) I've had an issue.  Every time I start my computer, the volume on Spotify reverts to 100%.  Of course, I forget, and it blasts my ears as I scramble to turn it down.

This, of course, is really annoying.  Sure, I can turn down the volume on my PC, but then everything else is too quiet!

It also did not occur on the previous version.  I've gone through all the settings and see nothing new or related.

How can I fix this?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

11 Replies

Hey @PocoDiablo1, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll be glad to help.

Did this start happening with the latest Spotify update you installed? Also, if you haven't already given it a go, try a clean reinstall to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

I'm having the same issue in 2021, every time I open Spotify after PC restart it goes to max volume. Seems like before the latest Windows/Spotify updates it was fine and stayed at volume I left at. Did someone find a solution?

Same on both OS Windows and Manjaro

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to try with another account to see if anything changes.

In case there are no changes, could you share with us the exact Spotify version that is running on your PC?  We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This works beautifully for me. Thanks!

Hi @galbertom,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Getting this problem now.

I tried "fixing" a slightly different problem where the volume slider feels sticky/laggy/sluggish. Uninstalled Spotify, reinstalled. This didn't help my initial problem, but only introduced this problem (volume at max after reboot). If I set it to 50%, close Spotify and open it again. It stays at 50%. If I then reboot, it's back to 100%.

Please don't tell me to do a reinstall. I just did and it's what caused the problem I have now in addition to the problem I already had which didn't get fixed by reinstalling in the first place.

Spotify version: 

Spotify til Windows
1.1.91.824.g07f1e963

Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
build 22000.856

Hey @PolleDK,

Thanks for joining the thread!
Have you tried changing the sound settings on the desktop app? Could you try switching the Audio Normalization on the desktop app off or on to see if that makes a difference? Here is how to do this. 

Did this bring change? Can you also check your Windows sound settings when you right click the sound icon and choose the Volume mixer to see if the sound of Spotify is synced with the system's sound when playing?

Aside from that - logging in with a different account and then back with your own has fixed this for a number of users, we'd suggest trying this out as well.
Let us know how it goes 🙂

VasilModerator

Hey Vasil,

Thank you for the effort. None of that worked though unfortunately. However, I tried turning down the volume, close Spotify and then reboot without starting Spotify. That has solved it for me.

Hey @PolleDK,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We're glad to know that everything is working fine after the workaround you find. We appreciate the time you took following the process and sharing what works for you. Hopefully, this tip will fix the issue for other users too.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator

I had the same problem as you and your solution fixed it for me. Thank you so much. It was so loud.

Suggested posts