Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume on keyboard to control spotify volume

Volume on keyboard to control spotify volume

Is there a way to force my keyboards volume controls to control spotify volume alone, rather than my actual pc's general volume? I like my computers volume at a constant rate and have everything set up around it, the only thing i raise and lower the volume on is my spotify music depending if im actually listening to music or have it as background music while playing video games. I would like to be able to lower only my spotify volume with my keyboard.

2 Replies

I guess I solved my own issue. Used autohotkey to change my volume up and down to spotifys hotkeys for volume changes, now the problem I have is that it only works when spotify is maximized, it doesnt work when spotify is minimized. I tried using toastify but it doesnt seem to work with the current version of spotify on windows. are there any other options out there to make spotifys hotkeys global?

Turns out autohotkey was interfering with toastify, toastify alone solves the problem. So if anyone has this issue, just use toastify at https://github.com/aleab/toastify/releases/download/v1.10.4/ToastifyInstaller.exe

Suggested posts