Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume turns off

Volume turns off

I was listening to an album on Spotify, with volume at 100%. Midway through the album, the ads came, and I turned off the Spotify volume while they lasted. After the ads, I tried to turn on the volume again, but the volume button wasn't working: nothing happened to it when I pressed the volume icon. I also pressed the line, the "fader" so to speak, hitting it at 75% approximately. Nothing happened, so I quit Spotify and entered it again.

Now the volume was working, but midway through every song, after 1 minute or so, the volume shuts down of itself. When I press the volume icon, it comes back at 75%. 

Does anybody know why this happens and how to fix it?

Thank you!

2 Replies

Hey @XSCB

That's pretty strange!

According to my experience, when turning down the Spotify (or general system volume), Spotify stops the ad playback. Even turning from 100% to 1% will pause the ad, and resumes playback when you turn the volume higher again.

I suppose there's some glitch in your program and I suggest reinstalling it. 🙂

This should help:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

Note: if you want to toggle volume without programs noticing it changing, you'll likely need something like external speakers, soundsystem or specific kinds of audio interface.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello and thank you very much for your reply.

The fact is that I was using Spotify from the web; I didn't have the app installed. Now I've installed it and so far it works fine.

Suggested posts