Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WHERE ARE MY NOTIFICATIONS (desktop in-app?)

Solved!

WHERE ARE MY NOTIFICATIONS (desktop in-app?)

HI 

So theres in-app notifications in the bottom left of the Web Player, along with my profile, settings and messages.

However, in my desktop app (I'm using Windows 10) I can't seem to find it? I have messages next to my profile (top right) , but no notification bar or anything. 

I need help :') Spotify is still quite new to me oops. But yeah, where is it? Am I just missing something here idek man

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @liayzabel

Spotify is always testing ways to improve the service by adding/removing features.

It sounds like you could be part of the test that removes the notification icon.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully you'll see it again soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @liayzabel

Spotify is always testing ways to improve the service by adding/removing features.

It sounds like you could be part of the test that removes the notification icon.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully you'll see it again soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Same problem here for multiple weeks. I always used notifications to keep up-to-date with new music releases of my favourite artists.. No longer possible now.

its one of the best parts of Spotify - We need it back!

My notifications are gone too. I want them back 😞

@THoff @cnkrgz

The in-app notifications "bell" on Desktop has been officially turned off.

Check this thread out:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Removal-of-desktop-notifications/td-...

Please kudo this idea and post there so they know people are not happy about removal of desktop notifications:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Bring-back-Notifications-from-followed-Artists/i...

osorniosSpotify Star

this is rediculous. same thing here. this was one of the main selling points of spotify. what is going on?

I agree this is a huge problem and it really pisses me off that they took it away.

I still get push notifications on my iPhone but that's the only way I can see any of them now. Plus if I get multiple of them in a short period of time then clicking on one makes all of them disappear and I can never find them again which means I may never discover that new music without having to dig through every one of the artists I follow to find new releases.

I hate this and we should do everything we can to bring the notifications tab back to desktop and mobile.

Experiments are good, but removing crucial part of app is disgusting. I pay for it and want full functionality

Same here! My button is gone since some weeks ago. I miss it alot and bad move of spotify to remove it. It was a great way of exploring the new music released, now it feels like spotify went backwards by removing it... Bring it back!

@alluki

For the time being, the Spotify web app (the browser version) still has the notification bell and notifications, including all the old ones you haven't had a chance to listen to yet.

Or you can check swarm.fm

Also, this Windows app may prove useful:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/companion-for-spotify/9nblggh5v1tt

It's also available as an Android app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mlpsoftwarellc.companionforspotify

osorniosSpotify Star

@osornios 
Sorry for my late response and thanks for your help! 

Marked as solution

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Same here on OSX, my notifications are gone and i'm really sad. :'(
This was the way i could see new realease from artistes i love and follow.

Please put it back !

I heard I must be under some A/B testing, so you might be that to.

Try to log in using the webapp, https://play.spotify.com. It was visible for me when I used that.

I @alluki. Thanks for helping.

Yes i can see my notifications in the web-app but i hope it will be back in the desktop app soon.

I moslty use OSX and iPhone app since i travel a lot and I need my music offline.

Yeah maybe it is an A/B testing but i find it weird since i can't imagine how they can measure my satisfaction about it.

Anyway, wait and see.

Regards.

I can't see my notifications on the web either!

I can't believe the most useful thing about Spotify was removed: the notifications of new releases. I don't care about the random **bleep** you try to push on me from what's popular or whatever. I want to know when the artists that I FOLLOW have released new music.

**bleep**. I don't pay 15 euros per month to be your test monkey. Please, enable the feature again.

Suggested posts