Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WINDOWS] Spotify opens automatically even after turning startup settings off.

[WINDOWS] Spotify opens automatically even after turning startup settings off.

Plan

Free.

Country

India.

Device

Lenovo Ideapad 530s. (i7 8th Gen, 16 gigs.)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So in a nutshell I want a experience like Discord has for the startup behaviour of their application. 

image.png

Even after switching it to NO. The Spotify Desktop app opens automatically as soon as I log onto my computer. Spotify does not even show in my Windows Startup settings so that I can turn it off manually.

image.png

I'm pretty sure this is bug as I could reproduce it on my old laptop as well. 

Basically I want a startup system which Discord has with this bug fixed. Not tryna advertise or any such. 

image.png

I want it to open it automatically but minimized or just turn it off from opening on startup. 
Thanks.

4 Replies

Hey there @AKSKA

thanks for posting !

I'd suggest uninstalling the app, using a Registry Cleaner app to scan your computer for issues and then and only then reinstall the Spotify app.

You may have traces of old installation that the registry app should solve.

Let me know how it goes 😃

Sorry but it does not work for me. 
Also I reallly do think this should be considered as a bug and be fixed by the developers as soon as possible.

Hey @AKSKA.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've been experiencing some issues with apps opening at start-up even when the setting is disabled, however this is not limited to Spotify.

Windows just released it's Windows 10 May 2019 Update. Do you mind installing it and seeing if that resolves the issue for you?

If not, then do you mind seeing if you're experiencing similar issues with apps other than Discord?

Keep us posted 🙂

Hey @AKSKA,

Sorry for the delay 🙂

Are you able to access the Group Policy Editor?

If you can't, please follow this guide from Microsoft forums to install it.

Then after you are able to open it by either searching the app in Search or by opening the run window and typing gpedit.msc I need you to follow the steps:

1. Navigate to Computers Configuration
  2. Then expand on Administrative Templates
  3. Look for Windows Components in there
  4. After that, scroll near the bottom where you will need to find Windows Logon Options
  5. Now on the right panel a few options will load, double click on 'Sign-in and lock last interactive user automatically after restart' and configure it to Disabled

After that please restart your computer and see if that does the trick.

Let me know how that goes.

Suggested posts