Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Warning before adding duplicate songs to a playlist no longer shown

Warning before adding duplicate songs to a playlist no longer shown

Win 10 1.1.47.684.g136419d9-a Desktop, Premium, Germany
is this a "feature" of the new UI? I need this in order to keep track of what I listened to before. I just switched to premium, but if this is not a bug and this behaviour persist I will cancel my subscription right away.

15 Replies

Hey there @JohnnyD4,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. 

Can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey Jeremy,

I mentioned "Win 10 1.1.47.684.g136419d9-a Desktop"

what is missing regarding "version of the app" ?

Hi there @JohnnyD4,

Thanks for the reply.

Currently the New Desktop experience app doesn't show the duplicate notification. You can leave your feedback in the Feedback thread. Our developers are trying to make the app better and are welcoming user comments on the app's functionality, to see what is truly essential and what can be improved. 

In the meanwhile you can use the Web player or the Mobile app, which should still display the warning when adding duplicate songs to a playlist.

Hope you find this info useful.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How are you trying to make the app better when you remove a feature that worked perfectly fine.
On Web player you can't select multiple songs from a playlist (for example with ctrl + A) and then add it to another playlist, so that doesn't help either.

somehow I get errors in this forum when posting answers quite often. is there a timeout between opening the thread and posting an answer or something weird like this? I got:
"An Unexpected Error has occurred.
Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2."
This time.

common tasks of my playlist management are
- mark several songs and add to playlist
- add an entire playlist (all songs) to another plalist

In web player as well as the Android App I failed in both tasks. If ctrl+A, ctrl-based multiselect and shift-based multiselect (of consecutive tracks) are somehow possible via different operation, please let me know.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and for sharing your thoughts.

@JohnnyD4, we can confirm that the Feedback thread isn't locked, so you can leave your comments and feedback there so it reaches out to the right folks. You just need to tap on Reply on the first post, leave your comments, and tap Post. If you have issues or an error message is shown, try again from an incognito/private window, a different browser, or a different device.

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve the app and the overall experience.

If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

@alex Can you please let us know if this is a bug or a permanent feature? I am delaying crafting playlists waiting for this "bug" to go away...but if Spotify will no longer let me know when I am adding duplicate songs, it renders making unique playlists useless. I suspect the UI is being geared towards casual users, making it easier for them to just have endless music. For those who want to craft their own experience, it seems to be getting harder! please advise!

I am really having a difficult time organizing my music into playlists since you guys removed the feature. please bring it back.

Warning is now back. however I still need a solution to deduplicate the playlist that I broke before I noticed this temporary feature drop.

Hey @JohnnyD4

Thanks for getting back to us. 

At the moment, there isn't any specific feature that allows you to remove duplicate songs from a playlist. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Johnny I have this online website called soundiiz you might wanna check it out. Will help you sort out your duplicate 

This is really not an idea/feature request, its rather a bug and consequences of a bug.

According to the website soundiiz is for transfering user data between streaming platforms?!
I'm not sure about giving permission over my account data to a random website to be honest, it might as well delete entire playlist and other valuable data.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have been using soundiiz for the past 2 yrs and it has helped me delete duplicate tracks, move playlists around create playlists and it has never taken advantage of my privacy but it's your choice. 

cheers.

Suggested posts