Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player pausing after 9 seconds on every song for a few seconds.

Web Player pausing after 9 seconds on every song for a few seconds.

Plan

Premium

Device

Desktop PC, Chromebook

Operating System

Windows 10, Chrome OS, Ubuntu

My Question or Issue

Every song that plays stops at 9 seconds, for a few seconds, then resumes playing. This is very annoying, and I cant find a fix.

I have looked at similar posts and tried all of the suggestions, but to no avail. I have tried in an incognito browser, updating browser versions, I have tried downloading the app version on chromebook, I have tried on multiple computers as well, with the same problem. This problem has persisted for weeks now.

The only time it seems to work properly is on mobile (iOS and Android). Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

3 Replies

I have had this exact same problem.  The music will play for about 9 seconds, stop for between 1/2 and 3 seconds, and then resume as normal.  It is SO ANNOYING.  I have looked at other posts on similar problems, and the Spotify team has marked them as "resolved" (when clearly it hasn't been) so it is obvious that they are doing nothing to fix the problem, even though it seems quite widespread.

Info:

Device: Acer Chromebook Spin 11

Using: Spotify Web Player, Spotify App

Problem: Every song pauses at about 9 seconds, waits for around a second, then resumes.

I am using a Toshiba CB35-B3340 Chromebook 2 running Version 85.0.4183.108 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I have the same issue, although right at 9 seconds, it only pauses for about 1 second on every song. There was a fix someone suggested that actually worked for weeks, however, with the latest Chromebook update, the issue has returned. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact fix, but it is in an area you can manipulate some experimental settings.

To be clear, this issue does not happen on my Android, Windows laptop, Windows PC, or Spotify on Xbox. This is only on this single device. Contrary to what the "relevant" Spotify teams have found out, it is not an issue with my internet provider or anything on my side.

Any ideas or am I to stop using the Chromebook Spotify app?

Thanks for any help on this.

~k

Update after locating the fix that worked for my issue:
(This is copied from another post by Milez at ‎2019-10-30 05:56 PM)

"I went to chrome://flags and enabled two options.

Smooth Scrolling

New Tab Loading Animation"

Restart and see if this helps yours as well.

~k

Suggested posts