Premium

Country

USA

Device

MacBook 12" Early 2015

Operating System

MacOS Big Sur

My Question or Issue

With the new update, when I click "Share" I only get two options: "Copy Song link" or "Copy embed code" - no more Twitter, Messenger, etc. What gives?

Spotify Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 3.33.37 PM.png
7 Replies

Hi there @jshatan,

thanks for reaching out !

I would recommend you check out this thread of the Community's Blog.

You'll be able to find more info and communicate the topic with other users and Spotify's Desktop team.

Let me know if there's anything else i can assist with 🙂

Thanks for replying - there is zero information there about social share. Maybe they just forgot to turn it on in the new update...

Please put back direct Twitter / facebook / etc. share links with song title and artist, it's so annoying to have to copy the link and to type all that because we can't even copy/paste text from the desktop app.

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing your opinions on the changes after the update here.

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the heads up, but it's not a new idea, it's a feature that disappeared with the new Desktop App on Windows.

Hey @sbebiwan,

Thanks for the reply.

We understand that, and the best way to let the developers know what features are useful and need to be part of the app is through the Idea exchange. There are several features which have been implemented or reintroduced in the app like that 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ok, thank you, I'll see what I can find there !

Suggested posts