What happened to "Playlist Radio"?

Solved!
Highlighted
15 people liked this

What happened to "Playlist Radio"?

ZeroNineOneFive
Roadie

Spotify just locked up so I restarted it. When I did, my menu options for playlists are ALL different.  90% of the time I listen to Spotify (which is all day, every day) I play a station based on one of my playlists.  Now that option is GONE.  wth is this "Create Similar Playlist **bleep**?!  Where is the Radio/Station feature?  I was literally using it 5 minutes ago!

2018-12-19 09_35_27-Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - You Worry Me.png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 17 people liked this

Re: What happened to "Start playlist radio"?!?!?!

teapunk

I was just searching about this exact problem because I use Playlist Radio all the time. I asked one of my friends if he knew about it (he didn't and had actually never used Playlist Radio) but we figured out a workaround. If you go to "Radio", then type "Create New Station", you can search for your playlist and it will create a Playlist Radio. I hope this helps.

Solution! 21 people liked this

runoff
Regular

They (Spotify)  decided to label it "Not an issue".

They removed it and call it improvement. Go figure.

Solution! 2 people liked this

Re: What happened to "Playlist Radio"?

chimpman252
Casual Listener

Hey all — check your clients... I can't tell if it's just me, but the option for "Go to Playlist Radio" has reappeared for me!

I really hope it stays that way :)

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 8.44.47 PM.png
30 Replies
17 people liked this

runoff
Regular

I'm having the same issue. One of the most useful functions in Spotify suddenly seemed to vanish...  It brings new life to my old playlists when I start to get tired of hearing only the same songs over again. It also helps me discover new music.

6 people liked this

Re: What happened to "Go To Playlist Radio"?!?!?!

ZeroNineOneFive
Roadie

It's still available on the web player.  Please don't cripple my desktop app!!!

2018-12-19 10_04_43-Expectations · Wild Child.png

3 people liked this

ZeroNineOneFive
Roadie

They also still show up under the "Radio" menu as recently played, so I know I'm not crazy!

2018-12-19 10_07_04-Soundgarden - Blow Up The Outside World.png

kellinuss1
Music Fan

If you're on your phone, there is three dots in the top right corner, where you find playlist settings. Scroll to the bottom and "radio playlist" should be there. If not there I suggest redownloading the app. 

2 people liked this

ZeroNineOneFive
Roadie

It's not there. And "redownloading" the app isn't going to magically make a single menu item reappear.  Also, this post was about desktop, which is why It's in the "Windows Desktop" forum.

3 people liked this

runoff
Regular

I have the latest version of the android app. Everyone else posting about the missing "playlist radio" issue have reported the same version. This problem arrived with the android version from 11 Dec 2018, version 8.4.84.874.

Solution! 17 people liked this

teapunk

I was just searching about this exact problem because I use Playlist Radio all the time. I asked one of my friends if he knew about it (he didn't and had actually never used Playlist Radio) but we figured out a workaround. If you go to "Radio", then type "Create New Station", you can search for your playlist and it will create a Playlist Radio. I hope this helps.

1 person liked this

runoff
Regular

@teapunk wrote:

I find no such option (neither "Radio" nor "Create new station" in the Android app. The app has "Stations", but this section only lists existing radios, and has no option to create new ones.

3 people liked this

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hey all :)

The right teams are currently looking into this issue.
I suggest keeping your eyes on this issue thread and follow the status update.

Hopefully it will be fixed very soon!

Have a nice day!

SebastyRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS