What happened to "Playlist Radio"?

Solved!
3 people liked this

Re: What happened to "Playlist Radio"?

nysteve
Roadie

Searching under the Radio tab or typing 'create new station' no longer works. :\ What am I paying premium for exactly? 

2 people liked this

Meta-Knight
Casual Listener

I have the "issue" on Windows. On my Android phone the feature is still there, but I wonder for how long. This is very sad :-(

2 people liked this

chimpman252
Casual Listener

This is ridiculous. Every time I come to these forums with a problem, Spotify reps can't give a reasonable explanation for these stupid design decisions. 

Highlighted
1 person liked this

febrissima

I was also disappointed that this option was removed. However, there is a way around it! If you play your playlist, when it reaches the end it starts playing a 'playlist radio'! Hope they bring the old functionality back though.

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

The playlists will continue playing suggested songs when autoplay is enabled. It's in Spotify's Preferences.

I found that it's possible to start a true playlist radio in the web player. Click the three dots of a playlist, select 'Start Radio' and it will start a radio station.

You can open the desktop client while it's playing and click on the album art of the currently playing song. It will take you to the currently playing Radio Station.

Rather useful workaround when you want to save stations you use more often.

I'm rather sure the Radio feature won't go since no other feature would be able to replace it fully. Hopefully the proper Radio Stations will return to the desktop client very soon. :)

SebastyRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
4 people liked this

col_panic

100% of the time I come to this forum searching for answers relating to a feature  I used to use and can't find any more;  100% of the time it has been discovered that Spotify just removed the feature.  I would LOVE to know why; why, and HOW, spotify devs actually remove more features than they add?  Perhaps I just don't know about the new features.  Maybe i would if they offered a changelog. 

Regardless,  I've decided to start a tag campaign to track these incidents, if for no other reason than exhibit A on why I would not recommend spotify to friends.  Feel free to join:

#spotifycollapse  = general company failure, campaign tracking hash tag

#featureremoval = the main reason for my rage. 

There may be others, for other issues needing tracked

dragonflyne
Casual Listener

Thanks to @bmgoau for creating the Idea to bring this back!  Highly recommend everyone who is frustrated by this issue to upvote it!!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Radio-Bring-back-Playlist-Radio-context-me...

dragonflyne
Casual Listener

[Accidental post, and I don't see a way to delete it.]

1 person liked this

chimpman252
Casual Listener

Hey all — check your clients... I can't tell if it's just me, but the option for "Go to Playlist Radio" has reappeared for me!

I really hope it stays that way :)

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 8.44.47 PM.png

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

It's back for me as well, and as a proper Radio Station too! Yes!! :)

I hope the possibility to spark up proper radio stations will return too. I like the endlessness...

SebastyRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS