Free

Country

Canada

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Back in December or January I noticed that lyrics made a return to Spotify by clicking a little microphone in the bottom right hand corner of the app, but for the last month or so every time I click on the microphone it says "We don't know the lyrics for this song". Are the lyrics just gone again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @phantomfreak!

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this.

Our lyrics test has now ended in Canada. We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

If you'd like to see the feature come back you can create an idea for that with the steps here.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @phantomfreak!

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this.

Our lyrics test has now ended in Canada. We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

If you'd like to see the feature come back you can create an idea for that with the steps here.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator

Thank you for the answer. I really hope that the lyrics feature will become permanent in the future.

From a Canadian Spotify user, please bring back the lyrics feature! I used it all the time and was disappointed to see it gone. I especially enjoyed how I could click on a lyric and skip to that exact part in the song insted of guessing at where it was based on the time. Thanks for hearing me out! 🙂

Hey @31elr2tbkyvkxapoa7h3,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We appreciate your report regarding this issue. We've received some reports about the Web Player and Desktop app not displaying Lyrics. Our internal teams are already aware of the situation and they're working on a fix. We cannot give you a specific date for this, but we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime, keep your app and browser updated to be aware of any changes.

Thank you again for your patience and if you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts