Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happens to "very high" quality music when I revert account back to Free version?

Solved!

What happens to "very high" quality music when I revert account back to Free version?

Plan

Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

What happens to the music that's been downloaded in "very high" quality when I revert my account back to Free? Does the app re-download the same music in "high" quality audios to replace the "very high" quality music and does this mean it uses more data to do this? ...and say I decide to upgrade to Premium again after a month of free listening, will even more data be used to replace the now "high" quality music with "very high" quality again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @N-ichola-z,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

Keep in mind that the option to download music is only available to Premium users. When an account gets reverted to free all downloads get automatically removed. If later on Premium is again activated, the downloads must be done anew.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @N-ichola-z,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

Keep in mind that the option to download music is only available to Premium users. When an account gets reverted to free all downloads get automatically removed. If later on Premium is again activated, the downloads must be done anew.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts