What is the Private Session?

Solved!

Re: What is the Private Session?

Joe
Community Legend

In the windows client preferences you can turn off scrobbling, and activity sharing on MSN, Facebook and Spotify Social which, I think covers everything.

ajberrisfo

Hi guys,

On the mac app, it seems that choosing not to share in the preferences section overrides everything so there isn't a need for a private session? Does choosing this preference automatically apply the same the android app? In the app I only see the option for a private session?

Cheers

Alex

acecapade

Okay, question:

What if I'm in private session, and I choose to share a song with friends on Tumblr. Does it actually void out the fact that I'm private to my followers on Spotify, or do I only see it on my feed?

Highlighted

Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

@acecapade wrote:

Okay, question:

What if I'm in private session, and I choose to share a song with friends on Tumblr. Does it actually void out the fact that I'm private to my followers on Spotify, or do I only see it on my feed?

Anything you share from within Spotify will be posted to your Spotify feed, so your followers will still see it; however, you can always just right click a track, album, or artist and copy the http link or the embed code if you only want to share it to Tumblr. So, no, posting that link will not void your private session in any way.

dinomightRock Star 10
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

filipwinter

I think its completely ridiculous for me having to turn off sharing in Spotify every time I used this payed service. I am not on Spotify to share anything, just listen to music.

Once and for all. Will what I listen to show up on the right-hand side to my friends if I don't use Private Session? I am not connected to any social networks through Spotify.

Peter__
Community Legend
@filipwinter - No as long as you have unselected the "Share my activity and what I listen to with my followers on Spotify" in the Preferences menu.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

donnyd51

Is there a way of permanently enabling 'private session'?

maybe i'm wrong but everyt time i log into spotify my music is shared by default and i have to enable private session so that people dont see what im listening to - am i correct on this?

MattSuda
Community Legend

@donnyd51 

In the Spotify desktop app, go to the preferences and under "Privacy" there will be 2 check boxes.

Make sure both "share my activity and what I listen to with my followers on Spotify" and "share my activity and what I listen to on Facebook"

are both UNCHECKED

That should stop the sharing.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

No, you need to select private session everytime you start Spotify.

OviiiOneRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

pinky177

you go to settings, then social, then private session. hope this helps!

SUGGESTED POSTS