What is the Private Session?

Solved!

Re: What is the Private Session?

Richard
Roadie

@Flick9 wrote:

Thanks Richard. 

The problem was I kept looking fothis'll option on the iPad and couldn't find it. Hence my frustration. And on the subject of the iPad. There's no cursor in the input teleaving on the commenting on this forum. Any ideas?

Is it not in the app settings?

And I've not heard about the cursor issue before. I'll see if I can grab an iPad to replicate it.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

JollyDog

So...

What changes when Private Session (desktop version) is turned on if I've already unchecked in preferences "Share my activity...", "Show what I listen to...", and the three "Publish" options?

Thank you.

Richard
Roadie

If that's all unchecked then you wouldn't need the Private Session. The option's there for people who want to share most of the time, but want to hide a particular few tracks.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

user-removed
Not applicable

Can one share a song privately via facebook?

Peter__
Community Legend

@user-removed wrote:

Can one share a song privately via facebook?

You mean send a track to someone? 

Yes you can do that, if you are on the desktop client and you don't want that activity to appear in your social feed, enter "Private Session" by clicking on your name in the top right of the client and selecting that option. Once that is done, right click on the track and select "Share" > "Send to Friend" and enter your friends name. It should then appear in their Spotify inbox (although this functionality is currently offline due to an unknown issue) and as a message on Facebook.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Milena
Casual Listener

I noticed that some activities are still visible on facebook while in private session mode: playlist changes- adding songs or even reordering the existing songs. This is very inconvenient since of course if you go "private" you expect your online presence not to be noticed...

Peter__
Community Legend

@Milena wrote:

I noticed that some activities are still visible on facebook while in private session mode: playlist changes- adding songs or even reordering the existing songs. This is very inconvenient since of course if you go "private" you expect your online presence not to be noticed...

I would imagine this is because your playlists are set to be public? 

Since if they where public, anyone who viewed them would be able to see the change anyways even if you where in private session if you know what I mean? 

Peter

Peter

meme82822

Where do i find te Private session.. i need an urgent answer thank you

Peter__
Community Legend

@meme82822 wrote:

Where do i find te Private session.. i need an urgent answer thank you

In the desktop client press on your username in the top right corner of the client and select "Private Session". 

Peter

Peter

HN
Casual Listener

Is there a way to make every single session private by default?  I have to click the private session option every time when I log in.  I don't want to share what I'm listening to with others, ever.

SUGGESTED POSTS