What is the Private Session?

Solved!

Re: What is the Private Session?

adt00

Does this also mean that no one will be able to see what I listen to on the actual spotify activity feed itself?

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

As far as I know no one will be able to see what are you listening to.

OviiiOneRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

octavia19
Regular

Ok, the the question i was going to ask here seem to be answered, but i still have a question hope its ok to ask it here, i am new to spotify, well i have had always the free version and finally decided to give  the premium a try since it gives a month free, i love it so far but just 1 thing is changing my mind, we use ps3,ps4, and pc to use spotify when i was listening to it on my ps4 and went upstairs to also listen to it on my pc i wouldnt get any audio on pc after trying to make it work i realized once i went downstairs and turned it off on ps4 than i got audio upstairs so my question is you can only play it on a system at a time??? i cant listen to it thru pc and ps4 at same time??/ my game systems are downstairs in my basement but i go upstairs and also use pc anyways can someone verify and tell me if there is an option to let me listen to it thru my ps4, ps3 and pc at sametime or not thanks and sorry if the question is silly or if i can find the answer online forums i rather get it here since im here now thanks.

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi @octavia19,

Spotify allows you to play on 1 device as the time. If you want to play on more than one, then it's best to subscribe to a Family subscription. That allows you to setup multiple accounts for multiple devices. You can read more about this here.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

octavia19
Regular

wow, you are awesome, i will check into it, def will need that because i want to use it on more than 1 device for sure thanks again.

octavia19
Regular

I appreciate you helping me out with my quations, i tried looking for a phone from spotify for customer help since i rather do that than look online, but you seem to be able to help me out, i do want to do that family pack thing because i use ps4 like i said and pc but also use ps3 so my question is i activated my spotify account thru ps4 so do i have to go to my ps4 to activate the family or can i do it here, and all i want is an extra one to be able to listen to it on my ps systems and pc upstairs, do i have to do an extra account for ps3 as well or once i click family pack for 2 will it work on my ps3 ps4 and pc or am i going to have to get 3 accounts which will suck ....

I got my solution solved, thank you all who helped me and replied, i followed and read alot of things in here that answered my questions and solved my problem very glad i found this site look foward to enjoying my premium package!

Queen_kensey
It's just a where your music activity won't get posted to any social media you have connected

muziky
Regular

Under File / Preferences, there is also a Social Media section where you can control different premissions but i am not sure if you have to go in [Private session] on top of that, if someone has an idea maybe they can share. 

Cheers ! 

EarlPurple
Roadie

I never share what I listen to on facebook anyway.

I would like "private session" to mean "do not *connect* or change the play queue on any of my other devices but still remain online so I can play music that isn't downloaded and browse artists etc.".

Unfortunately it appears to not mean that, i.e. I can't keep this listening properly "private" from all my other devices.

How do you get people to not listen to there music without them hearing mine?

_Mattystar123_

So from the subject, it is quite confusing but what I am trying to say is how do you get 2 people listening to music at the same time but not listen to there's

SUGGESTED POSTS