What is the Private Session?

Solved!

Re: What is the Private Session?

unknownx278zrn

Follow up question:

* In Android application, under Social settings/sharings (connections);

Information for the follow up question:

- If I do not connect the services under Social settings and also, I do not enable private session.

My question is then: 

- Do I still share my activities on Spotify?

THAT IS:

Do people who search and find me on Spotify see what I'm listening to, without the private session enabled? My goal is to be fully anonymous and to share none information of what I'm listening to. Is this possible? 

/ Kind regards

Solution!

Re: What is the Private Session?

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this. 

By default, anyone who follows you on Spotify can see what you’re listening to with Friend Activity.

If you'd like your activity to not be displayed there, you can switch on Private Listening. There's more info on how to do this on your device here

Keep in mind that a Private Session ends automatically when you restart Spotify, or after a long period of inactivity.

Further, anything you listen to in a Private Session may not influence your music recommendations, for example your Discover Weekly.

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, just give us a shout and we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS