Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's new in 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e?

What's new in 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e?

Spotify just updated to 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e. Where's the change log?

10 Replies

The only change I've noticed so far is that last.fm now won't scrobble...

Hey @user-removed

Spotify has no changelog as far as I know, but on the Desktop Windows client I see a few additions under Preferences regarding the volume normalization. 🙂

@festevao

Last.fm staff has confirmed there's an issue with scrobbling from the Spotify version 1.0.80 (as well as newest Android app according to a few reports). You should get back to scrobbling by connecting the last.fm scrobbler app to Spotify. Please read this last.fm announcement for more information and guidance.

If you have issues with that app, check here.

Listens that didn't get scrobbled are probably lost, so if you remember what you listened to, you can enter them manually using the Universal Scrobbler (or any other manual scrobblers you know of). 🙂

Hope that helps!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Sebasty

The problem is that if I use last.fm's Spotify Scrobbling I will have all my Spotify sessions connected. This is a good thing for my laptop (Windows + Linux), because I don't have to connect to last.fm in the native Spotify scrobbler, but since I need to have a third-party app to scrobble offline, this is not ideal.

Now if I listen to Spotify on my smartphone, even if the native Spotify scrobbler is not connected, I will have duplicated scrobbles: The ones of the third-party app and the ones from last.fm's Spotify Scrobbling.

Why doesn't Spotify produce any change logs? Does Spotify not respect its users' time enough to save them the trouble of hunting around in the options menus to determine what's new?

Also, I have to say, Sebasty, for someone who is a "Rock Star" in the community, you're getting a pretty raw deal. They should be paying you for what you're doing.

Sebasty schrieb:

Spotify has no changelog as far as I know, but on the Desktop Windows client I see a few additions under Preferences regarding the volume normalization.

That's weird, it seems to be the same option for same volume level of all songs once in the standard settings and once in the extended settings.

Another addition is the GDPR-related option to not using cookies with the desktop app at the bottom of the extended settings:

https://www.spotify.com/legal/privacy-policy/

@festevao: Maybe it is possible to disable Spotify scrobbling in your third-party Android app?

Spotify is big enough that they should be exhibiting a bit more transparency with respect to software updates. Providing a plaintext changelog requires hardly any effort and would be useful for Spotify users who are having technical issues.

FWIW, the update from 1.0.77.338 to 1.0.80.474 immediately put me in offline mode and stayed that way no matter what I tried. Restored the program folder to the .338 version and everything's working again. Disappointing.

@hans-jürgen

If I disable my 3rd-party app then I won't have offline scrobbles

Same here. Anything after 1.0.80 breaks my connection. If I'm logged in, it says "offline". If I do a complete reinstall, it fails to log me in (I can click the facebook authentication button, a tab opens and closes on my browser, but it sits at login.).

No idea what they changed but it appears I'll be staying on 1.77 for ... eternity. I have a copy of the 1.0.77.338 installer off of filehippo, and install over the top every time Spotify updates.
It is a work PC, but I'm the systems administrator and we have made no changes to restrict this application or it's traffic (mainly evidenced by it working on .77.338, and not on newer versions). They changed something and don't post changelogs. Very frustrating.

Hey @geoff1210

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I have a few suggestions that hopefully help you get the client back to work. 🙂

I suggest checking out the hosts file, maybe something inside it is the culprit:

Try this:

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

You can also try removing all lines to see what happens.

Also, have you tried out the proxy settings in Spotify's preferences?
I'd suggest 'No Proxy' or 'http'.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts