Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's new in 1.0.95.289.g342899da?

What's new in 1.0.95.289.g342899da?

Spotify just updated. Where's the change log?

10 Replies

There's far too many updates these days, it really should include a manual update option, everyone finds that a certain build suited their machine better? No more updates UNTIL that option is included!

Hello, i cannot update my Spotify for a long time. Did  not really care about this problem for quite a time. Now i removed Spotify to be able to reinstall again but my system says "SpotifyInstaller has stopped working."  Now i'm using an older version.

I tried to turn off the firewall etc. Nothing works. Appreciate any kind of help.

If you removed Spotify how are you using an older version?

I'm not the only one on here that does, you just pick up an older build from Filehorse (can't post the exact link) and it's a bit trial and error until you find one that works the way you want it to, I had to use on 2/ 3 years old to get what I needed? There are guys on here that can help you with the actual build versions if you ask?

As far as I'm concerned Spotify doesn't publish it.
No "change log", "what's new" or "release notes".

@fhsx wrote:

If you removed Spotify how are you using an older version?

Just googled "spotify earlier versions" 

@DennyEMufc wrote:

I'm not the only one on here that does, you just pick up an older build from Filehorse (can't post the exact link) and it's a bit trial and error until you find one that works the way you want it to, I had to use on 2/ 3 years old to get what I needed? There are guys on here that can help you with the actual build versions if you ask?

I downloaded and used an older version. After some time, when i turn on my pc again the "SpotifyInstaller application has stopped working" window popped again. The older version tried to update itself when i click it and now it's on loop. It tries to update itself and pops up the fail window whenever i click. They surely messed up something while updating. 

I have the same exact problem, so using an older build I can use Spotify?

I hope Spotify fixes this soon cause it's really annoying that I can't even install it back on after deleing it.

So, an update about the messy update of spotfiy(pun here lol)

While using an older version of spotify, when it automatically updates itself to the latest version and you stuck and repeat the whole process of removing it, installing it again until you turn your computer off, the spotify launcher gets itself a state where you can not uninstall it from the control panel anymore. I don't understand why but i guess because it uses the same executive commands to uninstall and update now. 

So, now i stuck with an unplayable, unopenable, unfunctional spotify in my pc. I can neither delete the unfunctional version nor solve the issue. 

I guess "having to pay a certain amount of money to play whatever and whenever you want in an infinite source of music library and yet unable to do it on your pc with it's newest version" is the new first world problem.

Suggested posts