Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When I start the Windows app, it simply displays a blank screen, but with the usual top-left menu.

When I start the Windows app, it simply displays a blank screen, but with the usual top-left menu.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Basically what it says in the title. The web player works fine, so it's not a connection issue.

LandonDuncan_0-1605223242646.png

2 Replies

UPDATE: The app has fully loaded, however, it took about 10 minutes (give or take) to do so, and I've been having this blank-screen issue for nearly this entire week. I'd like to be able to load the app faster if possible.

Hey there @LandonDuncan

Help’s here!

If you experience no issues when playing Spotify on the web player it's a good idea to run a clean reinstall of the desktop app. We recommend this step since it gets you the latest app version with all necessary updates and removes any corrupted files from the previous installation.

In case this persists after the clean reinstall, check your hosts file for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

Suggested posts