When is a Spotify light theme coming?

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I see in the Spotify community over the years that a lot of people have requested the ability to choose a light theme for Spotify. I was wondering if Spotify has been listening to their paying subscribers' requests and are going to implement some theme options in the near future. Could you be specific about this, please?

I also find light themes better on the eyes and am seriously considering swapping to Google Play. It seems like plain stubbornness that you won't provide a variety of choices for your subscribers. Considering it could be a sweetener on premium accounts to encourage sign ups, looks like you are not taking advantage of a potential profit strategy.

Just sayin'.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback on this feature.

There's an idea for this in the Idea Exchange here - feel free to add your vote to it.

Going forward, you're welcome to leave any further feedback as a comment in the thread I linked you to above.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

The problem with dark themes is everything has to be dark on your computer, otherwise it doesn't work. You'll be using a dark app, so you turn up your brightness, then you switch to a website or something and you're blinded, so you turn down your brightness, then you go back to a dark app and now the screen is too dark.

So yeah, please add a light theme to Spotify.

To the poster: Google Play is being discontinued very soon, I don't recommend switching to that. Have you considered Apple Music? It's available on Mac/PC and iOS/Android, and all have a light theme.

I used to use Apple music to buy albums and tracks back when I bought my first smartphone, the iPhone 3GS. After that, I went to Android and never looked back, so I have never tried Apple music as a subscription service.

I am a bit Anti-Apple for a number of valid reasons I won't bother going into here. To be honest I should more deeply research the subscription services. I have vague memories of someone telling me that artists get a pittance from distributing through Spotify, but have never confirmed it. I'd imagine that sort of information is hard to get to hold of.

FYI, it appears that YouTube Music will replace Google Play Music.

Completely agree. Also, migraine trigger.
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback on this feature.

There's an idea for this in the Idea Exchange here - feel free to add your vote to it.

Going forward, you're welcome to leave any further feedback as a comment in the thread I linked you to above.

Thanks!

Suggested posts