Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where is "You might also like"?

Solved!

Where is "You might also like"?

In the Android app, Spotify starts on top with a collection of playlists based on my interests. This section is called "You might also like".

Is there anything like this in the desktop app? For me it only shows some local playlists (those are all in Norwegian, while I have everything set up in English), charts, and Genres & Moods. Under "Genres & Moods" I can find playlists but these are again sorted by (local!) popularity, not by my own taste.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks. Release Radar and Discover Weekly are not available for new users, apparently you need to have played a lot before they come up. Release Radar just came up today for me, and Discover Weekly says "Nearly there".

The radio feature was also not giving many good results, but "You might also like" did have good songs. I guess it is all because I have not used the app so much yet.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey!

Welcome to the Boards!

At the bottom of your playlists on Desktop/Mac, as long as you're online there should be a 'Recommended Songs' list of songs which match your listening (for the most part!).

Could this be the feature you're looking for? Otherwise, there's always Discover Weekly and Release Radar you can use 🙂

Let me know if this helps 🙂

- James

Hi James, thanks for the reply.

The "Recommended Songs" at the bottom of each playlist is also available on mobile. However, that is something else than the "You might also like".

"Recommended Songs" is, as far as I understand it, just a list of 5 recommendations, created by an algorithm, based on the songs in the open playlist. Playing them will only play those 5 songs.

"You might also like" is a collection of human-created playlists which, again as far as I can tell, is based on you total play history. One can also subscribe to these playlists.

In other words two very different concepts, and I would like to know if I can access the "You might also like" recommendations on desktop. (Apart from subscribing to them on mobile, and then accessing them on desktop.)

Hey,

I'm not actually aware of any feature that you're describing.

Are you sure it wasn't a playlist you were following?

- James

"You might also like" is on top of the home screen on my Android phone. As you can see, it's a collection of playlists, based on my combined music taste.

Screenshot_20170330-105633.png

Oh ok, now I understand. I had personally never used that feature.

I'll ask around, see if I can get you an answer.

For now, I recommend you use Discover Weekly, Release Radar, and "Recommended Songs" features, they're pretty similar, the only difference was that "You might also like" was playlists rather. They're all based off your listening history 🙂

- James

Marked as solution

Thanks. Release Radar and Discover Weekly are not available for new users, apparently you need to have played a lot before they come up. Release Radar just came up today for me, and Discover Weekly says "Nearly there".

The radio feature was also not giving many good results, but "You might also like" did have good songs. I guess it is all because I have not used the app so much yet.

Suggested posts