Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where is the option to change the folder downloads?

Solved!

Where is the option to change the folder downloads?

I can't find the option for change the folder of the downloads playlist. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

How Can I Change and locate the folder of the downloads?

image_2021-01-17_184044.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @SISOR,

Thanks for letting us know that. We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

We can see that you're in the test group of our New Desktop Experience which we're currently rolling out. We are aware that this new app version is missing some features that used to be available on the desktop app and our tech teams are working hard on fixing those as soon as possible.

You're welcome to leave any feedback you have related to this update in the thread here. Our developers are taking everything that's being shared in there under consideration, so any suggestions you have to improve the new experience will be greatly appreciated.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you need help with anything else.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @SISOR

Welcome to the Community 🙂 

You can change the location of the offline songs storage heading over to Settings > Offline songs storage. 

If you don't see it, we suggest that you run a clean reinstall of the app could be helpful too to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. Make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

Cheers - keep us in the loop!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @Eni,

Thanks for the answer and sorry for my Google English, I'm Spanish.

I had a 3 Tb hard drive and in this unit I downloaded all my songs. But unfortunately this weekend my hard drive crashed, and losing downloaded songs was the least of it 😞

But when I put another hard disk to download, it turns out that I do not get the option to choose a folder for offline lists.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times. And I have RevoUninstaller Pro, so I should do a clean uninstall. In fact I have looked before installing %AppData% folders and there are no Spotify files. But nothing.

As I show in the screenshot, the option to choose the folder does not appear.

My Spotify version is 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7-a downloaded from the Windows store.

My computer is a Lenovo Ideapad 310 with Windows 10, but worked perfectly, so I rule out that it is the computer that is great.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Greetings,

Marked as solution

Hey there @SISOR,

Thanks for letting us know that. We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

We can see that you're in the test group of our New Desktop Experience which we're currently rolling out. We are aware that this new app version is missing some features that used to be available on the desktop app and our tech teams are working hard on fixing those as soon as possible.

You're welcome to leave any feedback you have related to this update in the thread here. Our developers are taking everything that's being shared in there under consideration, so any suggestions you have to improve the new experience will be greatly appreciated.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you need help with anything else.

EniModerator

Thank you very much for quick response.

Well, we will wait to have the stable version of the new App with that solved.

Thanks for everything.

Suggested posts