Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are songs stuttering at the same time each time when played?

Solved!

Why are songs stuttering at the same time each time when played?

Every time I play a song, it will stutter at some time within the first 12 seconds of the song (while the time it happens depends on what song it is, it will always happen at the same time for each song), playing the same note over again for about 6 or 7 times, before reverting to normal and continuing the song. Also, the timer bar keeps going, which will return to the normal time when paused. This only happens on the first play of the song, when I select the song, as pulling the timer bar back to the start will not cause it again. I have the free plan of Spotify and have tried fixes suggested by Google, such as disabling Hardware Acceleration, logging out and back in, deleted cache files, as well as reinstalling, but it has not worked.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Update: After looking around in the community, I found out that this glitch was fixed in version '1.1.83.954.gd226dfe8'. The installer I downloaded from the actual download page on the Spotify website was a 1.1.81 build, which is why a reinstall was not yielding any fixes. You can get this 1.1.83 build here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

(More details since I ran out of character space in Details tab)

I have installed Windows 10 21H2 onto a different hard-drive to fix various issues such as low storage capacity, and the issue has followed me to this new drive as well. Before I switched to this new HDD, I experienced an issue with Spotify that had recently started. Basically, I'd been getting this one specific error message. It would look exactly like the attached image below, and it will appear exactly 5 times before Spotify would show the app like normal. This would happen every time I opened the app.

errormessage.pngWhile I don't know if this is related to the stutter bug, I feel like it would be best to share this issue, if it has any major importance.

Marked as solution

Update: After looking around in the community, I found out that this glitch was fixed in version '1.1.83.954.gd226dfe8'. The installer I downloaded from the actual download page on the Spotify website was a 1.1.81 build, which is why a reinstall was not yielding any fixes. You can get this 1.1.83 build here.

Suggested posts