My Question or Issue
Whenever I try to access a open.spotify.com link I always have to use a vpn and connect from the united states. Whenever I connect from home it just says "Server IP Address not found"
Solved! Go to Solution.
If you're having trouble getting the web player to load, I'd suggest checking your hosts file. Maybe that's what is causing this issue.
1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to
3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like
0.0.0.0 website.com 127.0.0.1 website2.com
Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:
0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net
(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.
You can also try removing all lines to see what happens.
Also, I'd recommend you try restarting your router.
Let me know how it goes 🙂