Why is my spotify often so slow?

Solved!

Re: Why is my spotify often so slow?

Machinesamba
Regular

I can't believe I am dealing with an issue that was commented on years and years ago. The solution in this thread has not fixed my problem. 

The search bar function is sporadic. Navigating from page to page takes insanely long, if the page loads at all. 

This is on the desktop app, Mac, OS 10.11.6

pumpkindracarys
Thank you for this. This is the solution for me, a W10 user

FT69
Casual Listener

Did what stej01  said but to no effect. However it inspired me to dig deeper (thank you stej01 ). This is what I did next and worked for me:

/Library/Application Support/Spotify/PersistentCache/Storage/(deleted everything inside here)
/Library/Application Support/Spotify/PersistentCache/Users/yourusername-user/

Nonetheless this is not acceptable, especially when you have a paid subscription. If this persists, I will move away to another service.

FT69
Casual Listener

Second path incomplete. Correct one: /Library/Application Support/Spotify/PersistentCache/Users/yourusername-user/(deleted everything inside)

Mfranko

Just adding my two cents worth. I am also a premium Spotify member and am seriously considering canceling due to the ridiculously slow performance of the app. It often will endlessly spin and not load my library or playlist.

Pathetic performance in this day and age.

Sorenbartek0

Does ur fix only work on desktop? I'm bad w computer s and I didn't see anything on my tablet like what u described. Pls help!

nfuri
Casual Listener

This is ridiculous- Spotify is almost un-usable on desktop (PC)... it is so ridiculously slow. And like others, I tried several fixes, one of which worked for about a day but it's back to being slow. Can't believe I pay for this **bleep**. 

stej01
Casual Listener

Yes, unfortunately the solution I posted was only for windows/mac. In terms of a tablet, it could either be the app or your tablet - ensure you have the latest up-to-date version of the app, ensure you don't have loads of background apps running and close apps you're not using.

If it's down to the app (which it could be), only thing I can think to suggest is to go into settings (go to Your Library, then to the cog symbol, should be top right) and clear cache and saved data. This will clear your settings but won't affect your account (playlists, followed songs/artists etc.)

There isn't really many settings in terms of the performance of the app, asides from the stream quality settings.

If all else fails, try asking @Spotifycares on twitter regarding the tablet app.

Hope this helps!

BigEasy

FIX THIS PERMANENTLY!!!!  This has been an issue since 2016 before I was a user.  If it continues I won't be a user much longer.

Ryankitch
Gig Goer

Why on earth do Spotify refuse to acknowledge blatant bugs like this?

SUGGESTED POSTS