Why is my spotify often so slow?

Solved!

Re: Why is my spotify often so slow?

daspankster71

Turning off hardware acceleration turned a 2 minute wait into 2 seconds.

purplefizz

@daspankster71 just cured the bane of my music listening. Why didn't I try that sooner. oh em gee thank you!

bernie55

Excellent it worked for me thank you

DDinNTK

Turning off the local files worked for me too!  Thanks for the tip.  I would have never caught that.  

Is it too much to ask to have Spotify post this stuff in the Help section?  Spent way too much time **bleep** off about it.  C'mon.

PaulAlvarezMZT

Worked just great.. thank you! 

BillMillions
Casual Listener

Also a long-time Spotify user, using the desktop app MacOS 10.12.6. 

I am completely fed up. Every day it seems I am deleting the app, deleting the cache, browsing these community help lists. People complain about a 2-minute load. Mine is a 20-minute load, at least. There is no other app, service or program I use that is so disfunctional. And we are paying for this. 

This is ridiculous customer support. I am looking for another option and will not recommend spotify to my friends. 

_87jbc4o0-mb

Worked for me ! :)

Jesse1989pp

This is no fix.. Paying for years. Paying for **bleep** software.

Fix does not work

nfuri
Casual Listener

The post that is highlighted as the solution to this problem is out of date. It worked for me only temporarily, and then the same problem would happen again. Now the folder that they say to go to delete files from does not exist in that same location (on PC) any longer, so it isn't even possible to delete the files any longer, and I am stuck with the same super slow app again. It is almost unusable on desktop, which is where I use it most. Can't believe we pay for this. So inexcusable.

Re: Fix does not work

Riverbank_Hank
Music Fan

The long standing bugs in the spotify apps are what drove me to bail as soon as YouTube Red (now called Premium) came to Canada. If not for the lack of attention to these problems by the developers, I would have stayed because overall Spotify is a superior product in most ways, compared to YT Music. But to get ad free YT, a huge music library including lots of videos, offline playlists, etc, is $2 more per month and worth it, for me. No more disappearing downloads, can't play current song errors, constant uninstall, reinstall, clearing cache, deleting folders, BS band aids. The fixes usually work, but not for long....

SUGGESTED POSTS