Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Gregor83

Yeah, just a equalizer.

How is it now? Is there enough people which would like to enable and adjust their playback by an equalizer?

This is, what makes quiet a big difference between my old foobar2000 playback and the spotify ones. I mean, it is not that bad, as the Threadopener described, but it can make a difference.

Last but not least, every modern playback-software owns some.

guisiciliano

@Alex but WHY???

NanceEQ
Is the EQ in the windows10 app yet?
Ver

Hey @NanceEQ,

Thanks for posting here.

Currently there's no built-in equalizer in the desktop app. 

We always strive to improve our app and the experience with it and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

You can also add your +Vote to this idea and Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this as the suggestion could be reassessed in the future.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

the whole zero eq issue is poppycock
jmnemnonic79

This is such an embarrassment for an audioplayer not to have a equalizer - in 2021... cant wrap my head around this... 🤦‍♂️

ppurplebyteone
**bleep**.

Updates only 2 times in a week.
And no EQ in 21 century.
Bravo!

I will see other music providers - I will unsubscribe.
ppurplebyteone

Useless.

Metallo04

this was an old request that was shut down in 2018, but I strongly believe having an equalizer on pc will make spotify better. 

lum0s

Not ever spending another dime on this service until this BASIC functionality is implemented. Embarrassing, honestly.