Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why was CTRL+F removed/not released in latest version?

Solved!

Why was CTRL+F removed/not released in latest version?

I have read anwsers to other posts saying that it hasn't been added to the new version yet... so ok.... but why...?

I just can't seem to understand why you would make a release without something so basic... I mean now I have to scroll through hundreds or thousands of tracks to find and play what I want? 

Dose the typical spotify user have extremely small playlists? Am I in the minority with playlists with at least hundreds of tracks? Was the filter option consuming too many resources? Are you trying to push some other function that will make searching playlists useless? If so please tell me how I can comb through my playlists without the playlist filter.

Seeing this update and reading other comments in these forums has made me reconsider my premium subscription. Very random and disapointing update.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Emie 

CTRL + F will be coming back in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

No you are not alone, I have playlist with 200+ songs and the inability to search through my lists is a pain. Spotify could you please re-insert this feature. I thought is was an upgrade, not a downgrade. 

This together with the completely handicapped WP8 app that crashes more than it plays music has also made me reconsider my premium subscription. 

EDIT: 

Just downgraded my Desktop Spotify for Cntrl+f functionality and the taskbar icon thing 

How can you downgrade. Spotify is so **bleep**ing broken for me right now. No Applescript support, no playlist filtering. Literally the worst music player on my machine right now. Youtube is better than this......

same issue on mac

Yes this is a terrible mistake - PLEASE RESTORE CTRL+F FILTERING!!! Why on earth would you remove this?

I use this feature constantly - there is no sensible reason why you would take this out. I have thousands of Local Files and now it's a major pain to find what I want.

Please tell me this is just an oversight or a work in progress??

Spotify, for (insert deity of choice)'s sake.  Everytime you "Improve things" something else gets royally messed up.  Does anyone there actually know how to program and follow a process where you don't "forget" to keep important features?

Ctrl-F is a no brainer, get a grip, I'm paying for this incompetence, and no, I couldn't do better, but I'm not a programmer, I'm a customer 😞

Totally agree with OP.  Please bring back the Ctrl+F feature back!  It really adds alot to Spotify's desktop version.

Hi.
I pay every month a premium subscription to Spotify.

I use Spotify with Windows 7.
They have been removed in the latest update the option of CTRL + F.
I use this option to filter a lot of songs in the playlists.
Vote for the option to be CTRL + F again
When going to get back this option to have removed without explanation?
Regards.

How did you downgrade? 

http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/old-versions/ 

Here you can downgrade, however it will update the next time you open Spotify, so you could just launch the installer everytime. Have not found away to disable the automatic updates unfortunately.

@Granaatan wrote:

http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/old-versions/ 

Here you can downgrade, however it will update the next time you open Spotify, so you could just launch the installer everytime. Have not found away to disable the automatic updates unfortunately.

You can prevent the old client from auto-updating, if you want to.
There are detailed instructions on how to do that here on the forum, so it shouldn't be a problem if I link to them.... 😉

Prevent auto-update on Windows

Prevent auto-update on Mac

Same question : Why to remove that essential function Ctr+F ? More than just to find the song we want to listen, we can use it to listen to a group of music in a playlist. I don't understand why remove it, I don't think you can make a better function to replace this one. You should just readd the Ctrl+F function ...

Marked as solution

@Emie 

CTRL + F will be coming back in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

When? It's still not back... The timetable on this really isn't acceptable for a feature many people used almost everytime they use the program. I'm considering either cancelling my subscription or reverting to an old version. It's really sad how auto updates are forced and you have to do some workarounds to stop them from happening, especially when the updates usually seem to break more than they fix or add.

Good news everyone!, it's back in the latest update, at least no windows, haven't checked OSX yet

You said that about year ago and we still waiting for that update. I heard Jesus is coming back soon too so which one coming first Jesus or CTL-F ?

Not sure what you mean, the feature's been back for a while for me.

Suggested posts