Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will Windows 7 firewall prevent Spotify from opening?

Will Windows 7 firewall prevent Spotify from opening?

Will Windows 7 firewall prevent Spotify from opening? I download the exe file and after a minute or so the black screen of death appears and the application, "honks". Yes, I said "honks" like a sick duck what the **bleep**.

5 Replies

Hey, @3vbx5l56vakqu0r -

Can you give us some more information so we can sort things out? For example, when does the BSOD appear? Also, what's the error code(ex. BAD_POOL_HEADER) for the BSOD? (You can find out these error codes using softwares such as WhoCrashed, or it'll just appear with the BSOD.)

Thank you 🙂

이미지 1.png

No errors. I deleted all Spotify exe files first. Then I log in to my
account and click download. The exe file downloads and I select run. The
pop up says downloading Spotify. After a minute the Spotify black screen
opens and the audio starts honking. Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba. I close the
page and curse the day this buggy piece of sw was unleashed on an
unsuspecting public. Spotify on my iPhone works fine. Thanks
--
Peter

Hey, @3vbx5l56vakqu0r -

Sorry for the misunderstanding 🙂 You can first try out a clean reinstall again through here.

After that, please make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card- and turn off Hardware Acceleration in Spotify(Open Spotify, and disable View > Hardware Acceleration.). 

Tell me if it works 🙂

Doesn't work. I can't get it to open on my pc. So I can't disable Hardware
Acceleration

Hey, @3vbx5l56vakqu0r -

Sorry for the late reply;

Can you give us a screenshot of what happens when you install Spotify? It helps us troubleshoot the issue 🙂

Also you can disable Hardware Acceleration(Screenshot below) without accessing Preferences; If you can, try disabling Hardware Acceleration first.

Thank you 🙂

Error.jpg

Suggested posts