Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Win 10, Spotify Connection issue. Only on desktop.

Solved!

Win 10, Spotify Connection issue. Only on desktop.

Hey

I'm experiencing a problem with the desktop version of Spotify ( 1.0.48.103.g15edf1ec ). It opens and closes as it should but doesn't play anything, and if it does, it plays for 3 seconds and then stops up. It keeps going "Offline" itself for a short time, then a notification saying "Can't play the current song." comes up. Then it goes offline again. Error Code: 4 comes also up from time to time. I've been trying to use some old techinques found on the forums; Changing the Ipv4 settings, DNS, Disabling Local Files, Uninstalling, reinstalling. None seem to help. Now I see that more recent posters seem to be having the same issue that I do. I believe this is a desktop version releated problem as it was working fine all the time before.

Web Player (play.spotify.com) works fine, so does my Android app. It's just the desktop version that doesn't work.

Log File: http://pastebin.com/dJiBUS9e . From when I launch Spotify, try to play two songs. None work, both give me the Offline and Can't play this song notification and then close the program.

Edit:
My laptop with 1.0.42.151 doesn't have this issue. 

Edit 2:
However, downgrading the desktop from 1.0.48 to 1.0.42 doesn't seem to fix the issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solved

I've noticed that some VoIP apps had bad connection as well. Thought it might have something to do with my network adapter drivers. I've got the Killer E2200 adapter. Updated it with latest beta drivers and it solved all the issues, both with Spotfiy and with VoIP.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @lcecube!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reporting.

We'd like to gather some more info. Did this start happening after a specific update or event? If you're on WiFi, can you try rebooting the router for it? Then try logging out and back in.

Let us know how it goes.
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Hey

I can't tell the exact date/moment on when it started happening. I'm not using the desktop version daily as I usually only listen to Spotify when I'm in the car. My desktop is updating itself at night so I can't really roll it back either. I'm using cable connection. Rest of my devices are using WiFi and are working fine.

I have rebooted and reseted my router, it didn't help. I'm only experiencing issues with Spotify, all other softwares are running fine.

Logging in and out didn't help as I've tried installing the latest and older versions of spotify.

Edit:
I've tried to use the wired connection from my desktop on the laptop. It didn't have this issue. I believe it's something between my desktop and the application.

Marked as solution

Solved

I've noticed that some VoIP apps had bad connection as well. Thought it might have something to do with my network adapter drivers. I've got the Killer E2200 adapter. Updated it with latest beta drivers and it solved all the issues, both with Spotfiy and with VoIP.

Suggested posts