Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The Desktop version of spotify is missing the ability to sort the songs in my playlist by anything (no option for alphabetical or by date added etc.), I can't search within my own playlists and if I open the song queue I can't click on a song to play it I have to skip through until I get to it? 

I have premium spotify and have been able to do all of these things before I can't believe these features would have been removed?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for the screenshot @_rfrank , it looks like you are currently part of a test that Spotify is currently running with it's desktop experience. Spotify is always running tests and looking to improve the user experience in as many ways as possible, you can learn more about testing at Spotify here

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously.

Keep well, 

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey there @_rfrank,
Could you screenshot what your seeing and upload it in this thread for me?
Thanks 🙂

In the past I've been able to sort the playlist by clicking an icon above each column, but the icons are no longer there

pasted image 0.png
Marked as solution

Thanks for the screenshot @_rfrank , it looks like you are currently part of a test that Spotify is currently running with it's desktop experience. Spotify is always running tests and looking to improve the user experience in as many ways as possible, you can learn more about testing at Spotify here

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously.

Keep well, 

Thanks for your help man, I'll definitely vote for the old one back I feel like I'm back on free spotify

No worries here to help! If you need anything else let me know and I’ve
made your feedback has been feedback to the correct teams.

Best wishes and keep well,

I'm having the same issues. I also can't Share / Embed a track. I can't tell how many followers my public playlists have. I can't drag an album into a playlist, only individual tracks. I can't expand the left sidebar to see the full names of my playlists. And on and on and on.

This "test" version of Spotify is a complete piece of junk.

Rest assured, Spotify are monitoring the feedback from this and I’ll make sure that they have got your feedback on this.

To further add on to this, 'add to queue' button when right clicking is no longer first. Instead it is now 'start radio'. Add to queue was used while radio was not.

I simply cannot understand why you would remove the most BASIC features of the desktop app, like the ability to search through liked songs. Thank you for monitoring feedback customers. But this should not even be an issue and is extremely annoying considering the fact (1) you don't give people the option, and (2) I am paying for what should be the most basic options available to any music player/app and not getting that.  

Ethan,  Spotify is not "monitoring our feedback".

If they were monitoring our feedback, they wouldn't be turning happy, paying customers into disgruntled, soon-to-be-ex customers.

Why is Spotify treating paying customers as alpha testers?  Doesn't Spotify have an internal app-testing team?  Why would you force a new app with many de-tuned and removed features, and excessive bugs?

It doesn't make sense.  My 26 year career is in software testing.  This is the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time.

Was literally just wondering how spotify releases such garbage updates without first testing. And doesn't expect negative feedback from customers? What a joke.

Hey @markrushton

We can assure you that we’re monitoring the feedback on the new desktop experience very closely. It's being passed on on a regular basis and the relevant teams are aware of the sentiments that you and fellow users have shared.

Spotify constantly strives to optimize the app and as such it’s being updated regularly. We understand this process may not be flawless sometimes, that's why we rely on hearing users' thoughts and opinions here. 

Changes can't always happen fast, as we need to gather info submitted to us by users and analyse it and there can be development time involved as well. You mentioned you have experience in the field, so we hope you understand that sometimes this can be quite a long-term task.

To confirm once more, we're indeed monitoring feedback and passing it on to the right folks and this is useful to guide us on the direction of future updates.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

@Ivan - congrats, you turned a 6+ year happy customer into a disgruntled hater of Spotify practically overnight.  I bet you're proud of your accomplishment.

I'm not even using the app, except to see if Spotify has switched me back.  What's the point?  Most of the features I used are gone.  How are you getting any substantive feedback that way?  The new app is a disaster.

I'll be opening a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission today.  I'm paying nearly $200 a year for a Premium Family plan and I'm not getting the same app and options as most people.  That's probably illegal.  I didn't sign up for the "test".  It's not my job as a paying customer to test your software.

I'm also sending a letter about this incident to Horacio Gutierrez, Chief Legal Officer, Spotify USA Inc, 150 Greenwich Street, 62nd Floor, New York, NY 10007.  Others should consider sending correspondence to him, as well.

I'll be happy to join any class action lawsuit against Spotify.

I can't wait to talk about this in my Ambient Rushton Podcast.

And I'm pretty sure I'll be making YouTube videos about it.

Gotta get the word out about how terrible Spotify treats their paying customers.

This is beyond unacceptable, it seems that they are testing how long until we quit Spotify, the version is beyond horrible, it does not make sense that they erased so many features. And reading on the replies, they are only Robo Replies no real answer

Ivan but this is not even a new version it is like having Window 10 and suddenly you have Window 95 overnight. I can not believe this is a mistake. Please let us out all from the testing version. 

Suggested posts