Premium

Country

South Korea 

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I downloaded the latest spotify for desktop, however itdidn't show any lyrics while my friend's spotify can do that

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey @AeroZ,

Thanks for pointing that out and sorry for the confusion.

Currently the lyrics feature is available in the following countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, Uruguay and Vietnam.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Top Answer
Novy

Hey there @adityaharyadi2

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Keep in mind that the Lyrics feature is still being tested and this might be the reason why you're no longer able to see them. In this case, we'd recommend keeping your app up to date so that you don't miss it when it becomes available to all users. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us though and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

18 Replies

Hi  hikaruseven,

Please check out the musixmatch app 

If it doesn't sync properly (it didn't for me at first) close both Spotify and the Musixmatch app and reopen them.

Hey,  @hikaruseven

Spotify has not provided letters in your desktop application for a few years now. See: View Lyrics, on the official Spotify support page.

However, you can install the "Musixmatch" application from the Windows 10 application store, so you can have the lyrics synchronized with Spotify.

I hope I've helped!

Check this link [snip - Community Moderator edit]

Kabhi Kabhi Spotify me ye problem aati he so don't worry . Aage Jake ye problem khatam ho jayegi

Hey @hikaruseven,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

If you're in South Korea, then unfortunately Spotify isn't currently available in your region. However, you can add your vote to this idea to help bring Spotify to South Korea 🙂

The Lyrics feature is currently available in the following countries: Japan, Thailand & Vietnam. If you're in one of these countries and you're not seeing lyrics as expected, let us know and we'll take a closer look.

Note that the Behind the Lyrics feature is available in all markets and on mobile devices only.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Hello my spotify on desktop does not have lyric. Can you help me

Annotation 2020-03-14 210458.png

I don't know is it the right answer. For me, lyric function is working only when I download it via the Windows Store. I tested by comparing the same song. One was downloaded from the official store and another from the windows store.

If you use a web player, you can install the Spotify Lyrics extension

This extension will add a lyrics button (located next to the ❤ button), can display real-time lyrics

In addition, Spotify web player can click on the "+" in the address bar to install, and it looks like my screenshot in the end

Annotation 2020-08-27 204930.png

Hey @Thaii,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!    

Could you head over to your account page and confirm that it's set to one of the countries, where the Lyrics feature is available - Japan, Thailand and Vietnam? Note that these options will be available only if you're physically in the respective country.

@mailslots keep in mind that the version of the app from the MicrosoftStore is the one best optimized for Windows10. We're happy that you found a feasible solution. 

The extension @mantou132 linked to might help, but not that it's not an official one by Spotify and there might be issues with its behaviour.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

PS. The lyrics feature is available in more countries than Japan, Thailand and Vietnam.

Hey @AeroZ,

Thanks for pointing that out and sorry for the confusion.

Currently the lyrics feature is available in the following countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, Uruguay and Vietnam.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator

hi! @Mihail, this feature is currently available for Costa Rica? Im still getting this message: spotify.JPG

Hey there @AdrianJimenez,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Could you try closing and logging out of the app twice as this may activate the feature.

Let us know how it goes.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

Hi there, from my experience, you can first play an English song, and the lyrics icon will show on the same row as the volume bar. Then when I listen to other songs more specifically Chinese songs, the lyrics icon is always there IF the lyrics is available.

I'm not sure for Korean songs, but assuming your friends can, so you should be able to get the same.

Hi! @Mihail

I live in Indonesia and recently I reinstalled my windows then I installed Spotify on the Microsoft Store, but it's different from before I reinstalled my Windows, the lyrics on my Spotify now don't exist. Can you help me with that?

2021-03-23 (3).png

Hey there @adityaharyadi2

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Keep in mind that the Lyrics feature is still being tested and this might be the reason why you're no longer able to see them. In this case, we'd recommend keeping your app up to date so that you don't miss it when it becomes available to all users. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us though and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

What the feature spotify lyrics to be  available on the market French.

Hey @Flanstario1

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Currently, the Lyrics feature is only available in a few select countries for certain songs and playlists. 

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we hope to have this feature available in other countries soon.

Have a good one 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

i hope u add this for usa too.

Suggested posts