Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 App Buggy

Windows 10 App Buggy

For a long time the app was fine, and then about 6 or maybe even more months ago, this app started getting really buggy. I assumed that eventually there would be updates that would improve the performance of this app, but it was never fixed. I thought that it might be my internet connection, but I don't see how the three dot button being in the center of the screen is a connection issue. Then there would be the refusal to load anything and that could be connection issues, however on a macbook and all my other non-windows devices there would be absolutely no issues. Just annoying. Before you ask, yes I have tried multiple times to uninstall and reinstall the app.

1 Reply

Hey @Marc_Urban 

That's pretty odd!

I would suggest disabling hardware acceleration in Spotify by clicking the three dots (of if you can't click, then hit Alt key), select View, click Hardware Acceleration.

Also, make sure you have installed all Windows updates. I also have a Win10 machine in the house and it will end up having all sorts of strange issues when it has not properly updated.

Keep your eye on updates related to graphics drivers and software, it sounds a bit like a graphics issue.

Do you have some antivirus/antimalware/adblocker installed (other than Windows Defender)? 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts