Premium

Country

Austria

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 w/ newest updates

Hello dear community,

sadly i could not find any useful information while searching..

I have the problem that Spotify goes offline sporadically, about 60sec. online, 15sec. offline, then online again for 60sec.

I have tried using different DNS settings (default, Google DNS, Quad9), re-installing, sadly i cant try another network, since my PC has no Wireless Interface, but Spotify on my Laptop + Samsung S7 Edge works.

I am out of idea's so maybe someone can help me!

Kind regards,

Benjamin Pasrucker

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @RealBemmi,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to clarify, you mention having two more devices (a Laptop and a Samsung S7 Edge). Are they also connected on the same network as your PC? If so, and they work with no issues, could you try disabling "Hardware Accelaration" and let us know how it goes?

If the other devices are not connected on the same network, first let's check that you've tried the following:

• Restarted your router. 
  • Made sure that their router's firmware is up to speed with the latest updates. You might have to reach out to their Internet provider for more info on how to do that.

Keep in mind that Spotify relies on a stable internet connection. In this case, contacting the service provider of your network for more information would be a good idea.

On another note, our desktop client supports connecting via IPv6. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @RealBemmi,

thanks for your patience!

As mantioned the app works fine on other devices it might be an issue with firewall exeptions on your PC.

Please make sure Spotify is liste and checked under your firewall.

In addition, please check this article on possible reasons for not being able to play Spotify.

Let me know how you did 😃

Thank you @OneByBoo !

Yeah i already tried setting an exeption & also disabling the firewall (both router+pc). I also tried disabling Windows Defender, same results..

I also checked the site you sent before even posting, so no gamechanger here..

Hey there @RealBemmi

and thanks for your patience!

Sorry to hear this couldn't be an assist for you.

As mantioned you can't reach WiFi on the device and as other devices are working properly this could be happening due to a network block or problem.

Is there a way to connect the computer directly to a modem or a router to eliminate other options ?

Regards=)

I now hooked my pc up directly to the router, excluding my switch, yet, the problem still ocurs.

Could this be a NAT related problem? I have a public IPv4 address, however my provider only uses IPv6 to address their customers.

I found an idea that might be connected to the issue, please check it out here.
(Trying with you here hopefully we'll find a solution)

Hmm so you suggest that i cant use spotify with IPv6? Could be, but why would it work sometimes?

Marked as solution

Hey there @RealBemmi,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to clarify, you mention having two more devices (a Laptop and a Samsung S7 Edge). Are they also connected on the same network as your PC? If so, and they work with no issues, could you try disabling "Hardware Accelaration" and let us know how it goes?

If the other devices are not connected on the same network, first let's check that you've tried the following:

• Restarted your router. 
  • Made sure that their router's firmware is up to speed with the latest updates. You might have to reach out to their Internet provider for more info on how to do that.

Keep in mind that Spotify relies on a stable internet connection. In this case, contacting the service provider of your network for more information would be a good idea.

On another note, our desktop client supports connecting via IPv6. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts