Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10, Bluetooth headset PLAY/PAUSE button not working

Solved!

Windows 10, Bluetooth headset PLAY/PAUSE button not working

Hi,

I've seen similar thread, but it's Mac.
I'm on Windows 10 PC, Spotify v1.0.19.106.gb8a7150f.

My Bluetooth headset's Play/Pause button doesn't work with Spotify even when on-focus. Prev/Next button works fine.
Everything works well with Windows Media Player.

Tried 2 different Bluetooth headset, same issue.

56 Replies

I use build 1.0.64.399.g4637b02a and AKG Y50BT and the play/pause/next/back button is not working at all.

Play/Pause finally working.

Volume up/down Ok.

Forward/Backward not ok.

Win10
Spotify 1.0.64.399.g4637b02a

Bluetooth: Philips SHB9100

Win10
Spotify 1.0.64.399.g4637b02a

Plantronics: Voyager Focus v.112

At one point my pause/play, and forward/backward buttons were working with spotify - they are no longer working anymore - any help anyone?

Same issue persists, fix it! 

Yeah this is bologna, how they going to have half the controls work :(!

Still not working for me with Bose QuietComfort 35 II

Play button not working, it only works to pause the song.
Spotify 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af
Bluetooth Headsets: Pioneer, Bose, Bluedio....

Any news for you Premium paying subscribers?

Starting to think my good ol' MP3 can do a better job with any MP3 player app.

Spotify's music library isn't that great anyway.

Same here, build 1.0.70

Bluetooth controlling via Sony MDR-1000x not working at all. - checked, also not working on other music players

Multimedia keys on keyboard working only when spotify is "on the foreground" on screen. When I have opened other window or spotify minimalised, multimedia keys are not working. On other music players, multimedia keys works.

Win 10 Insider 17063

I have the exactly the same issue. Forward/back works, as does pause. But play won't work until about 10-20 seconds later. 

Groove music and Foobar work perfectly.

I have spotify premium - I expect better for a very simple issue like basic bluetooth controls.

Hey guys, i just disabled "Show desktop overlay when using media keys" on settings and the problem has been solved. Now all is working smoothly.

Not working for me.

Problem still exists for me under Windows 10 and the Spotify app. Both Win10/Spotify are fully updated.

Tested on both the Parrot Zik 3 and Sony wh1000xm2 headphones. Pause works, but resume Play does not.

It's working with other media apps, but not Spotify.  However, the media buttons on my keyboard works fine w/ Spotify. I'm not sure what it is w/ bluetooth commands that cause resume not to work.

This is still broken with 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc and Bose QC35 with latest firmware.  I am able to pause track, go to next track, go to previous track, just can't resume.

It suddenly started working for me. I can resume play with my Sony wh-1000xm2. 

However, I am unsure if it was because of the Spotify update or because i had switched to a different bluetooth USB receiver (Creative bluetooth audio BT-w2). Could be either because i got the receiver around the same time. Before, I was using the bluetooth that was builtin to my motherboard.

Same here, all but resume seems to be alright, with QC35 II.
Using build 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78.

For those experiencing the same problem (bluetooth controls not working with Spotify) I did after upgrading to Windows 10 build 1803, I was able to get it to work again by strangely enabling "show desktop overlay when using media keys."

Hope this helps others googling about the same problem!

Headphones: Sony 1000XM2

1.0.75.485.g1f74de2c (Windows Store version)

Solved my problem as well

play/stop keys were not working on headphones

problem started after upgrading to the new windows build.

this seems to be a spotify bug, hope it gets fixed soon

headphones: paltronics bbp 2

windows 10 build 1803

spotify version: 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e

Suggested posts