Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 Issue - Cannot pause or go to next song when Spotify app is minimized in Task Bar

Windows 10 Issue - Cannot pause or go to next song when Spotify app is minimized in Task Bar

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I normally minimize the Spotify app to the Task Bar on my Windows 10 PC. If I want to pause or go to the next song, I just need to mouse over the minimized app and a mini player pops up. I no longer get that pop-up mini-player. Anyone know what is going on?

5 Replies

Hey there @Pinehurst_Ken,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can keep on assist you if you need us to 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy:

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll try it today and let you know. Actually I have a more serious issue for some reason. When I try to play Spotify on this Windows 10 PC, I can see the song progressing but there is no sound. The issue is not with the speakers, sound card, etc. since I quickly bring up Pandora or YouTube and the audio works fine. Very strange - hopefully the reinstall solves both problems.

Ken

Hi again @Pinehurst_Ken

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Not to worry. Keep in mind that the clean reinstall can be helpful for clearing any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

In case it doesn't do the trick, we'd like to investigate further. Could you let us know if the same thing happens when you log into your account using a different device?

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novy:

Just wanted to let you all know that the uninstall/reinstall worked! All set now - thanks to you and Jeremy.

Ken

Hey again @Pinehurst_Ken,

Thank you for your reply and for keeping us posted 🙂

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again.

If anything comes up we're always one reply away. We're happy to help!

Cheers 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts