Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 - Left corner song banner (pause,stop) - FIX IT

Solved!

Windows 10 - Left corner song banner (pause,stop) - FIX IT

Hi Spotify Team, please fix this problem from last update of Spotify 1.0.41.375

In left corner in Windows 10 i see everytime if i change volume this poisonous banner of song.

Please Fix it, or add in Spotify settings - selection fro off this.

Thanks

0111.JPG
128 Replies

I'm with most everybody else on this - the pop up banner is extremely annoying. The fact that this feature was even added without the ability to turn it OFF baffles me. Did anyone at Spotify even test this feature?

Guys.. This problem is NOT RESOLVED !.

Software - HideVolmeOSD - is not ideal for this, this works, but not good.

I dont know if people in Spotify is retared or why make this cancer left corner banner for volume.

Please now make fast update for Spotify and delete this trash.

I CANT NOT WORK ON MY PC IF I LISTEN MUSIC, EVERYTIME IN LEFT CORNER IS THIS **bleep**.

Problem solved for me: Programs and Features, Uninstall Spotify.

Popups are so 1995. Please don't. Hope to find a disable button next week. Skipping a song and needing to wait a couple of seconds before you use the top left side of your screen (browser tabs/address bar) is terrible.

Please Turn OFF the pop up banner. I don't want spotify to be physically intrusive on the screen. This is not the only app that people use while listening to music.

still nothing...

Hi Spotifycrew, can you fix this **bleep**ty placement or make an option for it? If you managed to apply this new banner then just fking undo it? Doesnt have to take several weeks to fix it. I understand that you are waiting to push further updates til you apply the patch but hey do you seriously like this **bleep** yourself? Good way to disrupt your daily workflow but hey who gives a fk since the actual music still works...

// rant over //

Seriosly spotify? There is the update now from 7.11 and this annoying banner in the upper left corner keeps appearing and still CANNOT BE DEACTIVATED. What monkey did invent this feature? I am puzzled by this amount of stupidity

Im guessing the reason the monkeys that did this arent using any microsoft products but sitting on apples ecosystem and gives zero fk about windows

How come Spotify ignores this issue?

Why promise an update within 1-2 weeks and then just ignore the growing mass of upset PAYING customers?

Skärpning - fixa detta nu!

Ever so kind regards, Christian

Marked as solution

Hey Everyone,

I can assure you that we are not ignoring the issue. It has now been just over 1 week and we have started rolling out yesterday to a small percentage of users.

The update should be reaching you over the coming days towards the end of the week, dependant on our rollout schedule and where your account is in that schedule. We stagger the roll out for quality purposes as there are many kinds of (Windows) machines that we are unable to test on (simply due to the sheer volume of device configurations / permutations) and we want to ensure that we don't miss any crashes.

To get the update once it is ready, simply restart the application. You can check if an update is ready by going to "About Spotify" in the top navigation. You'll know you have the latest update if the version becomes 1.0.42.

If by some chance you now have 1.0.42 and this new option to disable the desktop overlay doesn't show up on (or doesn't work), please let us know in this thread and we'll investigate.

I've attached an image of what the setting looks like in your Spotify preferences. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience that we have caused you and we literally can't get this fix out the door any faster without jeopardizing the quality of the client.

Brendan - Desktop Team
Capture.PNG

Finally. Waiting for the download. Thanks 😄

I have just downloaded the lastest version and... this option doesn't show up.

This is really annoying. Sorry, but that was not a good idea to NOT give the chance to the user to disable it.

@brumelly wrote:

I have just downloaded the lastest version and... this option doesn't show up

What version do you have?

Brendan - Desktop Team

Please get this out ASAP, this is one of the worst updates in Sotifys history.

You didnt even cosnider multiple monitors, I change a track with spotify on my second montior and this notication takes up 1/8th of my screen on my main monitor! This makes litearlly no sence.

Cheers Brendan that's done the trick.

The banner is still lingering for over 5 seconds and just like everyone else, I can't click behind it. Good idea, bad execution.

Hi Brendanm,

I'm one of the persons who like the overlay very much. I've got one question:

When I use the spotify app on ps4 the overlay is shown whenever the played track changes. That whould be my favorite solution.

Is there any possibility to get this functionality on the deskop app as well?

Because right now, the overlay is only shown, when I use the media keys on my keyboard.

Thank you for your response!

Kind regards

pp710

Hey Everyone,

We are still rolling out this version and hope to hit 100% by Friday. (I see at least one of you has it and has the fix, so that's good) Thanks again for being patient.

I'd like to clarify (as this thread is very long) - This is a Windows 10 feature that we have enabled. There is no way for us to change anything to do with it, besides whether or not it is enabled (as we have now done in the preferences). This means, we can't affect the time it takes to disappear and we also can't have it show up when a track skips organically (sorry!). The overlay is completely linked to the media keys functionality in Windows. I hope this helps clarify the questions you have about it.

And to answer your question Peterpan710 - PS4 is a totally different application, so I'm really not sure if that's possible or not. I'd suggest adding this as an idea in the Community to be voted on 🙂

Brendan - Desktop Team

Suggested posts