Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10, Spotify can't play this right now.

Windows 10, Spotify can't play this right now.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file..... etc. seen 200 posts on this already and I have tried everything there is on the face of planet except the one thing that may fix it. Logged out of spotify created bogus account it works great. Friend logged in on my pc and it worked great. I logged back in and same thing happens. Went to his computer logged into my account and I get the same error so that tells me there is nothing wrong with my computer but my spotify account. I logged out of devices via the web and my phone works great. Web player works fine but I don't prefer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies

Same issue began for me about a week ago. Premium user in the US. Unable to play any song on Spotify desktop in Windows 10. No issues with web player or phone. Tried all of the commonly provided fixes, including:

1. Disable hardware acceleration

2. Clear local files

3. Reinstall Spotify from Microsoft Store

4. Uninstall/reinstall audio drivers

Nothing works, still unable to play any song.

Thanks for the heads up about trying a free account.
I had the same issue as you and it turned out to be a problem with my account according to the spotify support person I chatted with.

Contact support and they will migrate your profile to a new account and you should be good to go

im also having same issue since last 3 days.  
i have deleted and reinstalled spotify app from windows app store on my windows disabled hardware acceleration

restarted windows

reatartes spotify but nothing seems to work.

spotify is working fine on my iphone or if i connect device from my laptop to iphone.
what can be other alternative solution??

Hey there @SaphiraB,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've already tried. Just to make sure, did you run a clean reinstall of the app by following these specific steps? That's more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble.

If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend checking your firewall and/or antivirus and make sure that Spotify doesn't have any restrictions.

If the issue persists, it's well worth cleaning up your hosts file. You can find the steps to do so here.

Keep us posted on how it goes 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello @CarlosE,
so i followed your instructions and performed clean uninstallation of Spotify by following the given steps and then reinstalling from microsoft app store. but it DIDNT WORK.

i also checked the host files but there is NO spotify host file there, so there was nothing for me to remove.
i tried playing through spotify web player, but interestingly it does play the song but NO Audio came out of the speakers.

so, i checked my audio driver, did troubleshooting and it reinstalled my audio driver. that solved my problem and now spotify is working fine on windows 10.
thanx for ur help and kind reply!!!

ur no 4: reinstalling audio driver worked for me.
i tried 1,2,3, also performed clean uninstall and looed for host files. but in the end reinstalling audio driver solved my problem.

Hi there @SaphiraB,

Thanks for trying our suggestions and keeping us updated.

We're glad to know that everything is working nicely now, and appreciate the time you've taken to try other troubleshooting steps and sharing them with the Community.

If the issue persists or you need a hand with anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Have a lovely day 💚

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts