Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 Spotify keeps crashing immediately after playing a song.

Solved!

Windows 10 Spotify keeps crashing immediately after playing a song.

I never had any issues running spotify before, but i recently upgraded with the new creators update and am unable to use spotify at all. It opens fine but as soon as i select a song and hit play the app instantly closes. 

Ive gone through task manager and removed the processes, ive reinstalled multiple times after clearing all the data with revo uninstall, ive restarted the computer for fresh installs and ive turned off wifi while installing and starting and none of this works.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! 🙂

Don't worry, Spotify knows about this issue with the Creators update. Here's the Issue posted, stay tuned as updates and information will be posted there.

If you have more questions on anything, feel free to ask. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

i also had this problem after updating. The solution for me was not to use the Spotify .exe installer from Spotify's website. Rather, I downloaded the Spotify app from the Windows 10 app Store. Now, it does not crash or shut down and works fine. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! 🙂

Don't worry, Spotify knows about this issue with the Creators update. Here's the Issue posted, stay tuned as updates and information will be posted there.

If you have more questions on anything, feel free to ask. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

i also had this problem after updating. The solution for me was not to use the Spotify .exe installer from Spotify's website. Rather, I downloaded the Spotify app from the Windows 10 app Store. Now, it does not crash or shut down and works fine. 

I've Solved my issue by changing the streaming quality from Low/Medium to Automatic. Before, I changed the quality to low just after installation and the problem occurs again and again and now that it is automatic, i dont face any issue.
P.S. I'm using the Spotify installed from Microsoft Store

Suggested posts